Yo, and Hello!!!

I

imported_etothepii

Hello again to all my friends at HST.

Sorry about the absence.

I have been lifting all along, following HST. Getting some size and strength gains. Honestly, I'm making a lot of progress ... just been keeping to myself lately.

Have been maintaining a dirty, dirty diet. Lots of belly fat. But heck, I'll cut all that out starting Jan. 1 anyway, so let the Christmas cookies come at me!!! I can take 'em.

My routine has been M/W/F on an A/B routine

A:
DL
Military Press
Pendlay Rows
Dips
DB Pullovers

B:
ATG Squat
Bench
Chins
Upright Rows
DB shrugs

And on Saturday, I have started doing the following:
Cleans
Leg Press
Cable x-overs
DB shoulder Press
DB rows

I really like the addition of the Saturday workout!!!

I'm in the second week of the 5s now, and will continue heavy 5s until New years. Then starts the resolution to cut fat.

I'm psyched!!!!

Hey e^pii! Welcome back!

Just a thought - when you start your cut, consider adding some HIIT work. I cannot believe how much I've leaned out with that simple (albeit ridiculously hard) addition.

Your program looks incredibly effective, especially with the Saturday work. Good luck through the 5's!

<div>
(_tim @ Dec. 10 2007,13:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey e^pii!  Welcome back!

Just a thought - when you start your cut, consider adding some HIIT work.  I cannot believe how much I've leaned out with that simple (albeit ridiculously hard) addition.

Your program looks incredibly effective, especially with the Saturday work.  Good luck through the 5's!</div>
I've got a morning HIIT workout planned for my cut, plus evening lifting or cardio too.

Basically, 10 minutes HIIT every morning.

Evenings:
Mon: A
Tues:B
Wed: Cardio
Thurs:A
Fri:B
Sat:C
Sun: Cardio

I look at cardio days as rest days. Brief morning HIIT, and long and slow evening cardio, like light jogging or cycling.

For lifting, the A,B,and C workouts are the same as bulking, but 1/2 the volume per workout.

OK, I begin the post 5's phase tonight. My 5 rms went pretty easy, even doing 6 sets!!!

At the end of my last cycle, these were weights I struggled with to get 4 sets. Now, I will increment the weight some more, and go down to 4 sets per.

Awesome workout last night!!!!

First, I listened to music on my new mp3 player. I never knew how that effects a person's motivation ... qwonderful!!!

Second, I cut my volume down to 3 sets of 5, and went 5 - 10 lbs over my RMs in each lift. I did them EASILY. So happy!!!!

<div>
(etothepii @ Dec. 18 2007,08:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Awesome workout last night!!!!

First, I listened to music on my new mp3 player. I never knew how that effects a person's motivation ... qwonderful!!!

Second, I cut my volume down to 3 sets of 5, and went 5 - 10 lbs over my RMs in each lift. I did them EASILY. So happy!!!!</div>
I could have used that last night... the music does provide a lot of motivation!

Lifted yesterday. I'm in the post 5's, but instead of negatives, I'm just adding weight to the bar...

B:
ATG Squat -- 235 lbs. This is 10 lbs over my previous 5rm, and I feel like I can do more!!

Bench -- 180 lbs. This is 5 lbs over my previous 5 rm. I think I can get up to 185 x 5!!

Chins -- Body weight (170ish) plus 15 lbs. This is less weight than previous cycles, but, I used to cheat on chins. Now, I do a FULL ROM.

Upright Rows -- 100lbs. This is 5 lbs over my 5rm, and I can keep going.

DB shrugs -- the gym only goes up to 100 lb dumb bells. I did 2x12 last night. Pretty easy. I'll either go up to 2x15, or I'll switch to BB shrugs.

On the diet front ...

I have no will power. The past few months have been all about over eating, esp. cookies, cake, etc. Got a big roll of fat going. Less than ideal, I admit, but I like the strength increase. Same thing happened last year, and I was able to cut to 10% bf, and retain the strength gain.

I'm hoping for the same result this time around.

Starting Jan.1, I'll switch to a caloric deficit diet, start the fitday journal again, and get the cardio going on off days again... Hope to be lean and mean for spring break again!!!

Dear -1,

Awesome PR's across the board! What bf% do you think you are at right now? My goal is also 10%, and I am currently cutting slowly. Diet isn't the problem, but time to workout is, so I feel your pain!

-Colby

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 20 2007,11:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dear -1,

Awesome PR's across the board!  What bf% do you think you are at right now?  My goal is also 10%, and I am currently cutting slowly.  Diet isn't the problem, but time to workout is, so I feel your pain!

-Colby</div>
I'm prolly around 20%.
blush.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 20 2007,21:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The funny thing is that guy looks better in his 20% picture than his pictures with bf% in the mid teens.</div>
Mainly down to lighting and the fact that it appears he has more of a tan which always helps. The pose is better in the 20% shot too.

e^ (can I call you that for short?), well done with the PRs. Sounds like you will be getting some more before this cycle is done too.
cool.gif

Yeah great work man with the personal records. I eat dirty too so don't feel bad. I guess I was taking advantage of my young metabolism but it is catching up on me now. I wonder how I would look if i cut down to maybe 10% body fat again.

Last night:

DL - 255#, 3x5
Military Press - 125#, 3x5
Pendlay Rows - 140#, 3x5
Dips - body plus 75# (~250 total), 2x5, plus one set of 4
DB Pullovers 70# db, 2x5, plus one set of 4

Used my new dip belt last night. Very cool.

Strength keeps going up!!!

I'm going to put this in writing in case I forget: All this heavy stuff makes me sleep like a rock!!!

Finished bulking. Highlights:

5rms:

Dead Lift: 255
Squat: 245
Bench: 190
Rows: 145

Lowlights:

Got a stomach bug, and ruined what would be my last heavy workout. Was going to DL 265 for sets of 5, but couldn't.

I had to fast for 36 hours to get rid of the bug. I wanted to start cutting on Jan.1. I wasn't eating until Jan.2, so I guess you could say my cutting has started.

I'm lifting my 15 rms for a week, rapid succession, then cardio. Then I do 10s and 5s for a few weeks. Lower volume, higher frequency, with cardio after each workout. Diet is 2000 to 2100 calories per day (11-12 calories per pound of bw). I weigh around 170. &quot;Before pictures will be posted when I get around to it
biggrin.gif

Back