zma

• Thread starter imported_foozballking
  • Start date
I

imported_foozballking

some time after I started taking ZMA, I've developed acne on the top of my back. I'm guessing that this is a sign that its somewhat effective in raising testosterone. Even thou I havent reallly noticed much effect in the gym :confused:
Here's what i'm wondering, could ZMA also accelerate hairloss? If so, can something be done to counter this? I've read that taking Propecia is useless with PHs/steroids, does this hold true with zinc as well?

Probably just coincidence. Zinc is not going to make you produce supraphysiological levels of test, at most it will return you to normal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Probably just coincidence. Zinc is not going to make you produce supraphysiological levels of test, at most it will return you to normal.

I doubt its a coincidence, I"m pretty sure the acne was due to ZMA. As far as it not getting me above my natural test levels, thats probably the case.

Here's something that perplexes me, I used to get EAS and Biotest's brands, and today I got the GNC version. I didnt bother to look at the ingridents until now and was surprised to see Calcium Carbonate listed under "other ingridients". Why would they include that in there if calcium was shown to block ZMA absorption? GNC also has its own version of liquid creatine
crazy.gif

The comment of calcium can block zinc absorbtion was an overexadgeration of Victor Conte to make it easier to sell additional zinc over and above what was contained in a multi vitamin (all usually contain calcium)

High calcium intakes (>1000mg) combined with high intakes of Phytic acid (think proper tortillas) will reduce of zinc.

If your eating a moderate carb diet with moderate amounts of fibre (<50g) and eating meat (and also not taking a multi/zinc) you dont have worry. Adding these on top of means its even less of a worry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I doubt its a coincidence
Without controlling every other confounder within your lifestyle/diet, then its unlikely that you would ever know exactly whats causing it

Back