Muscle spasm

Falco

I've had one in my shoulder for about a week and it won't go away. What can I do to get rid of it?

thx

A muscle in my right lateral delt "jumps" - like someone is shocking it with electricity. It doesn't hurt, it is just annoying, and I don't want to wear a sleeveless shirt because I look like a freak.

Aah..that kind of spasm. Yeah i`ve had those also and they can be really annoying :D Worst one was when it was in my butt :D

There are many reasons that contribute to your symptoms. Most important is the fatigue of that mucle. Also some get symptoms from caffeine. Also overall fatigue, hangover etc will increase the possibility to get those spasm. You could try to massage and strech it gently. Also you could check your calsium and magnesium intake.
Everyone gets those almost everyday, but usually they go unnoticed

As previously posted, magnesium deficiency is probably the problem.
I get them in my legs at night and they feel like someone is squeezing my leg in a vise and applying an electrical shock at the same time. Then I hop around praying for them to stop, but when I start back to taking magnesium and drinking plenty of water the spasms stop.
For you it could be as simple as drinking plenty of water just to see if it works.

Thanks
Sonny

I think it was a matter of not stretching enough. After a couple days of stretching and massaging, it finally went away.

I got those a lot when I was deep into my cutting cycle. Pretty sure it was a deficiency of some sort, though I was taking a multi. Stretching and massage does seem to help, though occasionally stretching made mine worse.

Back