When can I expect results?

Discussion in 'Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)' started by the RK, Dec 21, 2005.

1. the RK

the RK New Member

Topic says it all... I'm in my last week of 10s of my first HST cycle. I've noticed some size gains, but not anything great. Is it still to early? I don't want to give up on HST because the workouts are actually enjoyable. But like a lot of people, if I'm not seeing results, it's hard to stick with it.

2. kfd

kfd New Member

Hey

Don't become impatient - you are currently at 2nd week of the "hypertrophic stage", cause 15s do not induce growth signifficantly. You will probably gain some more muscle during 5s and negatives. Provide enough food and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.

3. chiefhog

chiefhog New Member

What is your height/weight? Exactly how many calories are you taking in every day? How many grams of protein? If you have not gained any weight in 4 wks, there is no doubt you need to be eating more. That being said, most of my growth comes in the 5's and negs. Good luck.

4. lcars

lcars New Member

i agree stick with it the gains will come you are probably only just getting into a growing stage and unless you are on AAS you wont see superfast gains.

5. Downward Spiral

Downward Spiral New Member

Stick it out to the end. Make sure you're eating enough to facilitate growth.

6. Totentanz

Totentanz Super Moderator Staff Member

You probably saw a trend in the replies - food. You'll see amazing results once you get your diet in line. Of the HST cycles I've run, the ones that were most successful are the ones where I tracked everything I ate to make sure I was hitting my caloric quota.

7. colby2152

colby2152 New Member

You will become Ronnie Coleman by the end of one cycle!!

Haha..

DITTO! The more you care about how much you eat, the correct training (HST), exercises, etc.. the better you will do.

-Colby

8. I'll reapeat: just grab something and EAT IT!!!!!

;)