1 1/2 months of cutting on HST need advice?

Joe.Muscle

Guys I have been using HST to cut for the past month or so. What I did was I just kept the sets the same but I used less rests between sets...and If I had to do 3 sets of and exercise I would do the first set rest 30 seconds do the next set and then got into a drop set. I contined with my weight increases like schedule however I have mainly trained in the 15 to 10 reps range throwing in 5's only two for the 8 weeks cycles.

Here is the thing I have cut down from 196 pounds to 189...I have done this by eating 5 meals per day and keeping my calorie intake lower than usual also I have added 12 mins of HItt cardio at the end of my weight cycle.

I look a lot better...waist line is way smaller and clothes are a lot bigger on me my arms and chest looks slightly smaller but yet more defined...but my abs are not popping out that much???....now I know the first response is you have not developed them enough??? Well I think of myself and pretty knowledgable and I considered that back this winter..so I started prioritizing my abs more adding 4 to 6 sets three times a week of weight movements so that this summer they would be more defined...my question is now that I have lost the weight and they are still not popping out...do I lose more?:confused: Maybe you have to be at a ridiculous low BF for them to show...but I feel like I should lose much more weight???

What do i do??? Sorry for the lenght guys? :)

My 2 cents
I think you've gotta make Abs muscles bigger along with removing excess BF around waist and lower back. Cutting the BF are my waist line torso area back and sides has always been my biggest problem.

I do several twisting torso exercises as part of my warmup with light weights. I do several hundreds of each. These are weighted pilates type exercises using 10-15 lb dbs.

I use weighted ab crunches and I work hard.

Currently I'm using Bodymaster crunch machine 70#s x 15 reps x 5 sets mimimum. I set the machine for as long a torso as possible.

I finish with decline bench abs full length twisting situps 20 reps x 4 sets minimum.

I didn't have too much luck staying with HST on my abs. My   ABs seem to need a lot of work and volume for cutting them at least in my case.

When I stayed with HST on my abs I was seriously afraid I'd give myself a Hernia, because the load was so darned great, even with the low volume. I kept getting little nagging pains in my groin area.

Again my 2 cents

If there is a better way using HST I'd be interested to read it as well.
thumbs-up.gif

Joe,

Where is your BF%? Is it below 10%? If not, keep on cutting and don't worry about it. If so, then add in the Nelson situp. If you can do 4 sets of that, well thumbs up to ya. ;)

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ May 01 2005,9:51)]Joe,
Where is your BF%?  Is it below 10%?  If not, keep on cutting and don't worry about it.  If so, then add in the Nelson situp.  If you can do 4 sets of that, well thumbs up to ya.  ;)
cheers,
Jules
Its prob around 11 percent.

Last time I had it checked it was 12 percent and I have lost probl 5 pounds since then...give or take a pound?

I most likely need to keep cutting...it just seems like from 12 percent down you lose your size more every were to the the stomach ripped...if that makes since???

what I am trying to say is at 13 percent body fat chest and arms are huge but little pouchy around the mid section and when You get that finally flat..you lost a lot of size...in your upperbody...the definition is better though...catch 22..hehe...I guess I want my pie and eat it too..hehe

Thanks guys! :D

I don't know why people think the ab muscle is such a differnt animal that it will hypertrophy from hundreds of reps with little to no weight, it makes no sense.
Reduce body fat and progressively load them just like every other muscle in your body if you want them to stand out more, end of story.

Some people with really lucky fat distribution can get something approaching a 6-pack approaching 11-12% bodyfat. They're the lucky guys, though. I need to be about 8-9% before I can see all the way through, and really 6-7% to get the whole Tyler Durden look going. Yuck, I feel dirty now.
sad.gif

But in terms of abs development, that area doesn't really need volume. Abs more or less have average FT composition, but few exercises do a good job at properly isolating the area. Weighted ab crunches should be adequate, but they themselves only do a so-so job at recruiting the area (i.e. most of us use our flexors or swing the crunch when the weight gets heavier.)

cheers,
Jules

" need to be about 8-9% before I can see all the way through, and really 6-7% to get the whole Tyler Durden look going."

Don't see why so many mentions brad pitt when talking about cutting. The man only got a 4-pack in fight club..Too me there's a bigg difference between a 4- and a 6-pack!

Thanks Vicious for your response I always appreciate your comments! :)

Oh and by the way I will take a Tyler durdan 4 pack anyday if you call that a 4 pack
sneaky2.gif

Back