During Negatives ??

shahamit

Hi guys, i will be starting my first week of negatives .

i am not too familiar with negatives so, like all other workouts do i increase the weight every workout with the negatives??

i directly start with the negatives with a workout or do 1 -2 concentrics ??

can any1 pls explain in brief ??

I kept the weight the same on all lifts the first week then increased them the second week only because I felt stronger and had the energy to do it.
I did do some light warm up, whole body then a little on each muscle group prior to the negatives. Worked for me...

I fell in love with Negatives. One set of 5 reps with a 5 to 7 second decent each time and after squats I could barely stand up.
How else can you get that from one set then grow like a weed?
Good stuff !!

I start negatives at least 10 pounds more than my 5RM and then increase the weight every workout. When I can't increase the weight anymore I usually will go another week and increase the frequency to 6 days a week as opposed to MWF.

For 2 weeks of negs I add about 5% to my 1RM for the first week, and then a further 5% for the second.

Usually a neg workout goes like this:

Warm ups

1-3 1RM reps

Up to 5 neg reps - not all consecutive obv.

I get assistance for some exercises, others I can get back to the start of the rep (concentric) myself - like stepping up for dips, chins...or squatting the weight for a seated military/sm machine press back up.

Back