HST and Lyle mcdonald

isr-rcl

Hello everyone.

In my search for muscle hypertrophy, I've came across some articles by lyle mcdonald (avantlast - the 3 parts article).

Since both bryan and lyle are smart and intellectual, and after a lot of reading I feel I finally feel that I know what is the best for muscle hypertrophy (and that truth lies somewhere between bryan haycock's theory and lyle's theory), I'll appreciate in if one of the 'experts' in the forum will conclude and sum things up.

Thanks in advance - Yaniv.

Lyles theory for all out muscle hypertrophy IS HST..... Now if you are trying to cut, that is a different story.

I own all of lyle's books and he keeps mentioning "my friend Bryan Haycock"... That's where I learned about HST actually. Lyle keeps recommending this site all the time.

And when explaning the need for full-body workouts in certain regimens for cutting, he references to Bryan's work as the proof for why full-body workouts are best... or something like that anyway.

well but on the other hand ud2.0 does not really refer to hst nor recommend it due to reason of fitting better into that cutting style of training

but seriously, lyle is a maniac - a good, smart and praised half god, but still a maniac and all the guys on bodyrecomposition are maniacs...

dang it, have you seen the forum categories?:confused:?

"ninja's" or "shoe forum" are just tow of em....and the avatars of these guys are sick as well ROFL
laugh.gif

Lyle does indeed really like HST as the optimal approach to hypertrophy.

(I think) Lyle believes that training lighter loads can lead to detraining strength qualities. So in order to maintain strength it must be periodized at least once month, hence his advice to train conjugate style. He also does not believe the strategic decondition over a period of a few weeks is sufficient to achieve the goals that Bryan initialy purported, but does believe some sort of de-loading is absolutely necessary for mental and physical recuperation and injury prevention.

Overall he believes in the KISS method, genetics control 75% of the picture anyway (p-ratio). So with 25% we control train smart: strive for progressive overload, deload every so often, train all strength qualities frequently, hit every major muscle group at least twice a week. Diet Smart: get your N-3s and acceptable amount of protein. If you fail, blame parents.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ryan @ May 10 2005,10:02)]...He also does not believe the strategic decondition over a period of a few weeks is sufficient to achieve the goals that Bryan initialy purported...
What evidence does he cite to support this conclusion?

Moreover - do we know why 9-12 are enough to get the benefits that SD claims to achieve? any science behind that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a. I don't disagree. I think I've brought up the issue before as to whether a single week of detraining is even sufficient to get the (de) adaptations Bryan's shooting for in the first place. I know I've seen stuff where the RBE can last for like 6 weeks. 1 week won't cut it. It probably gives joints, connective tissue and the nervous system a break which is also beneficial, though.
b. At the same time, most bodybuilders and athletes are hardheads who refuse to deload or even go light. So even if you tell them "You don't have to take a week off, just go light", most will go in and hammer themselves into the ground and wonder why they are overtrained. Forcing a week completely off (or even 5 days or whatever) may be a necessary evil, just factoring in the general dumbassedness/inability to follow directions of most people.

Go over to bodyrecomposition.com and do search for SD, RBE, or decondition.

Back