What I like about HST

mj0llnir

The two things that were always missing from other programs I've tried are 'how much weight should I use', and 'how do I keep the gains going'.   Basically I ran myself into the dirt after my muscles became conditioned with any other program, and the weight to use was guess work.  I'd just keep adding weight, but you can't do that forever.  Nobody ever told me what to do after you max your weights out until HST, and it is very clearly stated by HST.
The HST principles work in the short and the long run.  The long run really isn't covered as well, if at all, in any other system I've tried or read about.
I really like the clarity of the principles a lot.

mj0llnir - Odin's great hammer! :D

I completely and absolutely agree with you HST is the very best I have ever tried and have been hooked ever since I found it anyways.
happy.gif

It is just the smarter way of training without wasting time!
tounge.gif

I like the theme though. Not sure if it qualifies for a sticky but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

I love HST because:

It's fast - 1 hour workouts are just long enough for just about anyone.

It's organized - There are short, mid and long term goals all clearly defined before you start and all are easily achievable.

It's self-motivating - (see "It's organized")

HSTers are great people - They're all really really smart and good looking too
thumbs-up.gif

I know what weight I will be squating in two weeks or 6 weeks.
I know I can do my complete workout and 35 minutes of cardio in under an hour.
If time is running short, I can come home at lunch blow through my 4 compounds exercises and 1 isolation exercise, shower and head back to work.
You are supposed to SD for 9-14 days after every cycle so that gets me our of mowing and housework
laugh.gif

You are never too sore to take the stairs at work.
You are never one of those guys that people say "that guys lives at the gym".
My wife never says "you work out too much, you are neglecting me"!
The Number one reason, is there is a web site located here http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi
that has some of the best, most knowledgeable, helpful people in the world to help with almost any kind of question one wishes to ask!!!
There are prolly about 50 other reasons "Why I like HST" but that would take up too much bandwidth

I agree with all of this. I don't post much (just don't have much to say :)) but I read a lot. HST and this forum (and freindly members) has got me back into training. Gone are the days of guess training and stupid routines that just left me with sore joints and no gains. I must have tried every type of training there is but the search is over.
Thanks,
Jazzer:)

ajntorinj
laugh.gif
, just goes to show how much I know abut Viking mythology.

My apologies great Thor
worship.gif

ajntorinj - you rname is also supposed to mean somthing, enlighten me!

Oh, and your comments on the thread HST related that is?

Probably the best thing about HST is that I UNDERSTAND it. I know why I am supposed to do whatever I am advised to do. I understand why the program is laid out the way it is. Best of all, HST is a sound theory about training.

Just think for a moment about physics. They say that a theory is "good" if it does 2 things;
1. It can explain phenomena we observe
2. It allows you to make predictions about the future given the current situation

HST does both of that. Have you ever seen any other training theory which can explain why other programs work and why they cease to be effective after a while? Personally I haven't. All other programs just go on repeating stuff like "THIS is the only way to grow muscle" or "THAT is without doubt the best way to train" or "THE OTHER allows you to maximize your growth potential". Nevertheless, they do not bother to explain WHY.

This is the first time after several years of weight training that I know why I train the way I do. This is the first time that I can explain past breakthroughs or plateaus. This is the first time that I know what I have to do in order to grow. No more guesswork and uncertainty ("What weight should I use? or "How many reps should I perform per set?" or "That was the period I made the most gains, but why?").

Ok, someone stop me now, you get the general idea. Oh, and there is this remarkable forum where I learn all this stuff every day. My vote for best educated posters on the net.

Thank you HST and HSTers.
worship.gif

WE UNDOUBTEDLY AGREE
thumbs-up.gif

HST is the ####, best thing around since lolllipops
laugh.gif

Only Vince would disgaree because of his endless search for the hypertrophy phylosophy
laugh.gif

Oh, there may be a few AAS induced gorillas with few neurons left amongst all the muscle mass, that will disagree and keep pursuing an endless twinge of confuse the muscle workouts(pitty it does not grow in the brains hey?)
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Probably the best thing about HST is that I UNDERSTAND it. I know why I am supposed to do whatever I am advised to do. I understand why the program is laid out the way it is. Best of all, HST is a sound theory about training.

Just think for a moment about physics. They say that a theory is "good" if it does 2 things;
1. It can explain phenomena we observe
2. It allows you to make predictions about the future given the current situation

HST does both of that. Have you ever seen any other training theory which can explain why other programs work and why they cease to be effective after a while? Personally I haven't. All other programs just go on repeating stuff like "THIS is the only way to grow muscle" or "THAT is without doubt the best way to train" or "THE OTHER allows you to maximize your growth potential". Nevertheless, they do not bother to explain WHY.

This is the first time after several years of weight training that I know why I train the way I do. This is the first time that I can explain past breakthroughs or plateaus. This is the first time that I know what I have to do in order to grow. No more guesswork and uncertainty ("What weight should I use? or "How many reps should I perform per set?" or "That was the period I made the most gains, but why?

Well put. But since I've just started my first HST cycle, I hope that practice will live up to theory.  :)

Regards,
/ R

Do not worry, Rain, just remember to eat enough and you will grow.

Fausto, about the AAS guys... Did I mention that I like HST also because it is designed with natural lifters in mind? :D
(not that it will not work for those chemically assisted, but they will grow anyway)

Started out monday with 15's at bw 192...we'll see what the scale says in about 7 weeks. BTW, the 15's are kicking my @$$...next week is 12's.

Regards,

/R

Back