What happens if...

Joe.Muscle

Hey guys just want to get your opinion on this. I am a conditioned lifter now for over decade. I have found a volume that works great for me with HST 3 days a week. The current volume routine I am very very happy with and looks like this.

Chest 4 sets Back 4 sets
Shoulders 3 sets Legs 2 sets
Bicpes 2 sets Triceps 2 sets Thats it.

Now I am extremely pleased with my results. But just like anyone i get in a rut sometimes and find it difficult/boring or just not as motivated to hit the gym. Although the spells will hit me only 2 or 3 times a year...I always battle through them and go any way.

I am not overtraining or anything its more a matter of getting lazy a couple times a year. So here is were my question comes into play. HST advises to use as much volume that you can handle and being coditioned I use more than the average lifter. But what would happen if when I get unmotivated or slightly lazy twice a year I just cut back and do 1 set total for each muscle group?

I mean its better than nothing....but even with proper SD would this be effective?

Thanks and Merry christmas everyone! :D

It's difficult to predict.

Personally, I think you will not get smaller, but the load will not be sufficient to induce further growth, since you're rather advanced lifter.

If these spells hit.. or plateaus come... then change the type of frequency. Possibly go 6x/wk, 3x/wk with an AM/PM split... or any other variation.

Back