First timer in need

Allaboutme

Hey guys, I am hoping to get some help with all this . I started working out about 1.5 years ago at 310#. Now at 230 ( and having been lifting weights for a year of that time) would you think this is a good program for me to try to lose to last bit of fat and still be able to get Big like I want. I also take my personal trainer's certification exam in August and woulod love some input.

Thanks everyone.
worship.gif

well, if your main priority is losing weight then you need to be keeping calories low while weight lifting and doing cardio. All things you should know already if you are about to be a personal trainer.... :confused:

Hey all- welcome to the forum! You should find HST to be a great program for cutting, but like babya says, it's all about calories in/out- if you don't have a deficit, you won't lose, simple as that. If you're up for it, I'd think seriously about a 6-day/week program- I've found it to be best way to cut on HST, and I know several others in here who have as well.

If you go for this, alternate push/pull days (i.e., MWF=Push, TThS=Pull). You don't need to many exercises with this approach- no more than six per day. For example, your push days might look like this:
Squats
Incline bench presses
Standing presses (I like Arnolds or Cubans- especially the latter now that I'm rehabbing a shoulder separation)
Tris

And pull days:
SLDLs
Rows
Pullups or lat pulldowns
Bis

As to cardio, you need a solid 30-45mins a day if your priority is cutting. With the above lifting routines, you're talking about 1-1.25hrs/day. When you've gotten down to you can then drop some of the cardio, maybe 3x/week, but it sound slike your priority is cutting, so focus on that now.

HTH, and keep us posted!

Back