What do you do if you miss a workout day?

I

imported_dunhoonK

I'm begining my 15RM block starting tomorow. I'm HST'ing M-W-F, but my school's weight room will be closing on friday. What do you do if you miss a work out day? Start where you left off on friday and do it on monday?

Thanks in advance

Well... you could hit it on Thursday instead of Friday. That's what I would probably do.

Hi,

Just to give you more opinions: I would just skip the friday's workout, rest and resume normaly on monday with your regular schedule.

JD

One training missed won`t kill you. Just skip it. There`s no point doing two trainings two days.

I don't know that I agree with that, Tcup. I think that doing the workout a day early would be better for his overall gains than just skipping it entirely. It's not like the Thursday workout would do nothing at all to his muscles just because he worked out on Weds. It's still going to induce microtrauma and all the other great stuff that a workout does for you. Whereas skipping it, obviously, will not induce any microtrauma.

It's not a big deal to miss a workout here and there, I'm just saying, I don't think it's a big deal to just do it on Thursday instead. I had times when I had to move a workout now and then to a different day and my cycle turned out fine.

In the overall process it won't make a difference if you skip or move it a day early.

Just do what you can. :D

This is exactly the reason why i dont set my workout on specific days,
I take one day of rest after 1 day of workout , so in one week if i start on monday , i would have done 4 workout ( monday, wednesday, friday, sunday ) if for some reason i need to skip friday, ill go to the gym saturday and still take 1 day of rest and go back to the gym next monday, so ill still have 3 workout total in my week...

Back