Mistakingly did 100% on Day2

ROCCOdoesDubai

Hi All

On my day 2 of 10's I mistakingly did my 100% on the squat instead of about 80% of my max. Even though it felt heavy, i thought i must have just been really tired from travelling the last 2 days.

However, I finished the 100% and was able to complete a second set of legs - using leg press.

Because I could complete the squat at 100% on day 2, does this mean I may have my 100% squat rate set too low? I actually physically tested the 10s max for all exercises including the squat and I thought I had it correct?

Let me get this right, you put too much weight on the bar by mistake and instead of lifting day 2's load, you did day 6.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Because I could complete the squat at 100% on day 2, does this mean I may have my 100% squat rate set too low?

No.. you accidently did your RM for squats. I've done it before and I just went back to what I was supposed to do, so go on to day 3 lifting what you were supposed to lift for day 3. One day isn't going to throw off your progression. If it was closer - oh say day 4 or day 5, then I would say, try to progress on top of it, but in this case, nope.

-colby

It happens. Like Colby said, you can just keep going. It won't make much difference. I've done that a couple times. If it really bothers you, you could keep working with that weight until you get to the point where you were going to increase the weight, but that could result in overtraining if you are using your RM.

I'd just go back to what weight you were supposed to use as Colby advised. You'll be fine.

Back