Change rep max?

lapidarius11

Hi all,
I'm new to this so forgive me if the answer to my question has been answered. I'm in my 2nd stage (10 rep cycle) and feel as if I was a bit too conservative in setting my 10 and 15 rep max's for many of the exercises - particularly bench press and squats. Should I up them for the 5 rep cycle? Or should I just ride this one out, rest for the 9 days, then set new max's?

Otherwise, all I can say that as a 32yr old who's been in and out of the gym for the past 7 years, HST has driven me like no other program. Even after a worksout, I can't wait for the day of rest to pass so I can get back in.

-Thanks!

I wouldn't wait. Up those weights dont waste the rest of your cycle. Sometimes I'll even up my weight the day before I train If I think can get more weight for a particular rep range.

Joe G

P.S.
I would also repost this in the "HST" forum to get more responses, especially because it pertains to HST not SST."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't wait. Up those weights dont waste the rest of your cycle. Sometimes I'll even up my weight the day before I train If I think can get more weight for a particular rep range.

Yup, just do what Joe G suggested. As logn as you are sure you can handle the inceased weight (so be careful not to overestimate), then go ahead.

There is also nothing wrong with sticking to the underestimated weights, except perhaps if the weights are about 20-30 pounds lower than your real max. If you do decide to stick with the current underestimated weights, you may continue the load progression until you hit your real max, which means you'll effectively be extending your cycle.

Regards,
-JV

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be upping them like you said. Despite the mild fatigue at the last stage of tens, I have felt the need to go further when I'm in the gym.

Muchas Gracias, Amigos.

Back