good protein bars

I

imported_diznik

Can anyone recommend a good protein bar (preferrably slow protein mix) that's decently priced?

I have trouble getting 200g of protein on my off days with my schedule so I eat Pure Protein bars (about 32g of prot and 290 cals) 2 times a week. They cost about $2.50 a bar and they're getting kind of pricey (GNC sucks).

Anyone got any suggestions?

IMO good protein bars are few and far between. Most have either
a) sugar, and too much of it I might add
or
b) "fake sugar" ie sugar alcohols, which have a laxative effect, and aren't that good for you I believe
I had a similiar problem and what i have done to resolve it is make protein shakes. Trick is to find a good one that mixes and tastes decent with water, because if you have milk that could spoil (unless you can keep it cold, then milk/water doesnt matter). I have some Labrada lean body MRP packets that mix ok with water, each having 45 grams of protein. So if your looking for slow maybe some driver and water/milk? These are just my suggestions, I realize I didnt really recommend a protein bar, i just recommended that you dont have them, oops...
laugh.gif

Keith

I dont know if you have one in your area but Sams Club or Costco usually have protein bars. When you buy them in the bulk it's nearly 50% off.

Buy a dehydrator and make ur own beef jerky from lean cuts =) (Slow digesting protein w/a small dose of creatine included)

My local health food store carries a brand called BioProtein. The double chocolate is tolerable as protein bars go. I get them for $1.19. For 21 g of protein, that's not bad. My only complaint is they use high fructose corn syrup.

Back