doing 15 reps is good for cutting??  Please help..

I

imported_davewins

I am not understanding the concept that doing 15 reps is good for cutting. I know it's not good for building muscle but how is it actually good for cutting?? Is it the fact that you are burning more calories and blood flow is increased in the areas that you are working. Say for chest workouts you are doing 15 reps, more blood flow is drawn to your chest therefore it's easier to burn fat in that area?? Would that be the reason why it is said that higher reps is good for cutting??

Higher reps are not good for cutting ... lower calories are good for cutting. The myth about higher reps "cutting you up" is just that ... a myth.

<div>
(leegee38 @ Feb. 24 2006,18:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Higher reps are not good for cutting ... lower calories are good for cutting.  The myth about higher reps &quot;cutting you up&quot; is just that ... a myth.</div>
ok, thanx for clearing that up. It just didn't make any sense that you can cut by doing more reps.

Higher reps for cutting is a myth!

However going heavy for say 10 reps is heavy enough to keep muscle mass and will burn more calories than 5 reps sets.

Only a myth in the realm that 15 reps or higher does something magical.

It all comes down to how much energy is used.

Back