On Glutamine

Insane_Man

Now it has been proven time and time again through studies that Glutamine offers no increase in muscular strength, endurance or size. Also, it is a fact that orally taken free form glutamine won't get to your muscles, which of course supercedes the anecdotal evidence from various studies.

When I debate with people over the benefits of taking glutamine, I first bring up that none will get to your muscles, then bring up the studies showing no measurable improvements in healthy individuals. The common retort is that Glutamine is nto for building mass, it's for minimizing muscle loss while cutting or for removing soreness. Obviously it wouldn't have any effect on either of these. But that can't be proven. Any pain relief is probably the placebo effect.

Just thought that was funny.

there are some beneficials - look in the faq section (supplements)

short form: glutamine may help your immune system and your gatronomical

I know that it's good for your digestive tract, but that won't help you build muscle, unless you have AIDS or some other diesease which screws with your GI absorption.

I actually got roped into buying some, it was cheap though, and I use it when I have an upset stomach.

I just think it's funny that since it has been proven through many studies that it has no effect on muscle growth, now it's being sold as an aid in recovery and to help preserve muscle while cutting. Neither of these things can be disproven anecdotally by the user. It's like Alien repellant, there's no way of knowing if it works or not. And all the BBs they have promoting it doesn't hurt either. This is a brilliant strategy on the companies' part.

All the way up the bodybuilding foodchain there are those who swear by the stuff. And as Bryan says in the FAQ, none of it (virtually) gets to your muscles.

I have had tons of arguments with people who get mad at me when I tell them to save their money. I guess I do all that I can...

Back