Creatine, getting started, and suggestions

Retroactive

Creatine...I have 100% mono, and need some input on what to mix it with. I don't have that "full" feeling post workout any longer I think it's cause my cells are not takeing up the creatine.

I mix it with my whey right now, but I don't think it has enough enough glucose, and someone told me not to mix it with anything that has citric acid in it (fruit juices) Id like to maximize the effects of creatine just like when I was using pre-mixed "fancy" stuff.

Been busting my @$$ for the last 2 months, I feel like im not getting anything out of it at this point.
Thats one reason why I'm here, need a new program..this one looks good. Any suggestions on how to get past this first road block?....(NO GEAR)...

It should be fine just mixing it with the whey. If you want more sugars in the shake put some honey in it. I also don't see why you shouldnt use fruit juices. My understanding is that is how "Cell-####" works. They add a lot of sugars to the mix.

If the monohydrate is really stressing you out I reccommend Superpump by Gaspari nutrition. At GNC its 60 bucks but at discountanabolics.com it is only 30. Great product.

Joe G

Mix it with whatever you like.

Your stomach is more acidic than anything you will drink.

Soft drink, orange juice, pineapple juice....all fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Retroactive @ Nov. 03 2005,3:50)]I mix it with my whey right now, but I don't think it has enough enough glucose, and someone told me not to mix it with anything that has citric acid in it (fruit juices) Id like to maximize the effects of creatine just like when I was using pre-mixed "fancy" stuff.
just throw some gatorade or other sports drink in with your whey.

Retroactive:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Creatine...I have 100% mono, and need some input on what to mix it with. I don't have that "full" feeling post workout any longer I think it's cause my cells are not takeing up the creatine.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Been busting my @$$ for the last 2 months, I feel like im not getting anything out of it at this point.

It's possibly not the creatine - It could be RBE or even overtraining. (Inability to get a pump is a symptom of overtraining)

From the creatine FAQ:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It is true that the creatine transporter downregulates itself, but not to the point that no creatine is taken up. If you use 0.03 grams per kilogram (3-5 grams) per day, you will always be loaded and reap the benefits that creatine provides.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The creatine transporter is NOT directly effected by glucose, insulin, or caffeine. However, when insulin reaches very high levels, it has been shown to increase the amount of creatine that is taken up into cells. There is no evidence that it increases the total amount that the cell can hold.

So basically if your cells are full-up of creatine, they won't take anymore. That's not a bad thing - you've already got as much as you can use.

Retroactive:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thats one reason why I'm here, need a new program..this one looks good. Any suggestions on how to get past this first road block?

Measure your maxes, take a week or two off for SD... you know the rest. ;)

Chris.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Retroactive @ Nov. 03 2005,11:50)]I don't have that "full" feeling post workout any longer I think it's cause my cells are not takeing up the creatine.
Could you be more spesific on what is "full" feeling? If you are feeling that you are not going anywhere tell us a little bit more about your training and nutrition. It is hard to give any answers if we don`t know the question.

You can take your creatine with your post workout drink
thumbs-up.gif

I saw a lot of "take ~5g/day" here... and i've been told that no studies shown that doing the loading and mainteannce phase induce significant changes... and for be, I've been told to usually get around 10-15g/day on workout day and ~10g/day on non workout days... is all that too much?

im 155lbs, 5'9, 19yo, mesomorph and starting my 2nd cycle of HST.. im on the what so called "bulking" phase

thx!

It is not too much in terms of safety/health. 10-15gms a day is fine.

Is 15gms doing more than 5gms?

Not really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (S_F_H @ Nov. 16 2005,9:53)]so you'd say that PWO, 5g would be enuff?
I don't think Jester is saying would be, he's saying should be. Unfortunatley we don't have a creatine meter on our foreheads so it's pretty hard to know when we are full.

so if its a matter of "when we're full" could the amount in g be related to the person's weight? i mean if a 240lbs bber uses 15gms then probaby a 180lbs should use only 10g..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (S_F_H @ Nov. 22 2005,8:19)]so if its a matter of "when we're full" could the amount in g be related to the person's weight? i mean if a 240lbs bber uses 15gms then probaby a 180lbs should use only 10g..
Would be more of a matter of muscle mass than bodyweight. Just stick to the conventional wisdom- 20 grams/day for a week to load and 5 grams a day for maintenance. You'll get plenty, especially if you include red meat in your diet.

If you have 20kgs of skeletal muscle compared to your neighbour at 40kgs, you won't need as much creatine to be supplemented.

Just take 5gms and see how you go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hardrock @ Nov. 22 2005,9:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (S_F_H @ Nov. 22 2005,8:19)]so if its a matter of "when we're full" could the amount in g be related to the person's weight?  i mean if a 240lbs bber uses 15gms then probaby a 180lbs should use only 10g..
Would be more of a matter of muscle mass than bodyweight. Just stick to the conventional wisdom- 20 grams/day for a week to load and 5 grams a day for maintenance. You'll get plenty, especially if you include red meat in your diet.
i've read tho that there is no studies showing that the "loading/maitenance" phase are doing a significant difference VS a regular intake every day... thats why i was wondering about what the every day intake should be

Say the max level of creatine you can reach is "10" - arbitrary value.

A loading week of 20gms will get you to 10 quicker than 5gms will. However, after 2 weeks you'll be @ 10 regardless. The loading is just quicker. Both reach the same point though.

Back