Pre/Post nutrition

bluenoser

I have a question regarding pre/post WO Nutrition. Currently I use a ultra low carb protein with glutamine, creatine and antioxident, post WO. Now that I have been reading the HST principles I realize that I also require some carbs. What is the best source of carbs that can be mixed in this shake or easily transported. Currently I am not taking any specific nutrition Pre WO and I am looking for advice on this matter as well

Preworkout - Have a quickly digested protein source in a shake about an hour before working out. HSN Primer is an excellent option, or any other product that is based around fast digesting Whey Proteins (Hydrolyzed, Isolate, and Concentrate).

Post workout - Have a shake that consists of carbs (dextrose would be best) 50-100 grams depending upon whether you are bulking or cutting, and approximately 50 grams of a slower digesting protein source (casein-focused). HSN Driver would be a good choice here (albeit I prefer Beverly International's Ultra Size for digestive issues).

Click on the following link to learn the in's and out's of pre / post workout nutrition:

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hsn_artcls_prepostnutri.html

Job561

Back