1 set per body part

• Thread starter imported_fearofthedark
  • Start date
I

imported_fearofthedark

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is no problem with a single set per body part as long as it is a maximum effort and/or the rep tempo and form is strictly controlled or the weight is extremely heavy preventing further sets.

This was from the Hypertrophy Training specific method article. I'm wondering if this is what I should do, just 1 set per body part, and of course, progressivley heavier every other day. I notice as soon as I start doing 2 sets per body part, the workout becomes VERY difficult (because I'm doing the whole body in only 1 workout). I imagine just 1 set per body part will be more conducive to long term commitment.

Also, I am on a ketogenic diet. Low carb is the only feasible way someone with my genes can stay lean. So it's a bit harder for me to train with weights now. I could easily do a 1 set per body part workout with a diet like this, but once I go up to 2 sets per body part, I can't make it through the workout. This diet keeps me lean, but unfortuantley, it tends to shunt the whole glycogenolysis thing.

Back