2 day HST?

mdl054

I remember seeing this posted on here a few months ago in passing. The poster claimed there were negligible disadvantages to training twice a week instead of three. Claimed he has been doing this workout and it worked well for him.

This may be good for me, I have hockey once a week and I'm usually hiking mountains on the weekends in the summer. Two days would keep me in shape for both and not over train.

I don't think it is at all negligible. Consider the acute anabolic effects only lasts for 36-48 hours and the 156 workouts vs 104 workouts pr year, it would not make sense to claim such a thing.
But of course, good gains can be made by training twice a week. HST calls for frequent training. Not sure i've seen it stated it HAS to be every 48 hours.

Two days a week is doable especially if you are doing other stuff. It is not ideal for growth, but if you are doing other things such as hockey, hiking, etc, then two days a week should work fine for you.

Thats what I was thinking.

As a newbie to HST, how would a 2 day workout like that look? (just roughly not trying to have you guys do everything for me)

I don't see why it would look any different. Just longer between sessions.
If you'd like to keep your cycles around the "8 week standard", you could get away with larger progression between sessions.

Do you mean which days would you do it? Or how many sessions for each RM range? I would still do six sessions per rep range, just drag them out longer so each rep range is three weeks.

Back