2 days in a row

SweetDaddyPatty

It looks like I will only be able to get to my gym tuesday, wednesday, and friday.

Is there a problem with doing my first 2 workouts so close together? WIll i HAve time to recover enough to do a weight increment? Or would I be better off just going with 2x/week?

I don't think there is a specific rule in regard to this.  Vicious mentioned in a thread anywhere from 3x per week to 12x per week in split sessions.  You will have to determine how you feel an adjust accordingly...possibly try working out Tuesday morning and Wednesday night.  That will give you 36 hrs and a summation effect.  Just get your days in an see how you feel:  I don't think that 2x per week is sufficient for HST.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....76;st=0

I agree. I trained for a couple of years on an AM/PM M-W-F routine starting around age 50. I hit total body in both sessions, so there was usually only 4 or 5 hours between my workouts. My body really responded to this type of training.

I gave it up a couple of months ago as I am attempting to rehab a bad elbow and felt like two-a-days was getting too hard on my joints. So now I'm doing a full body workout 5 or 6 days per week. So far - so good.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Sep. 07 2007,08:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Everyday frequency is awesome.... serious.</div>
so if you work out 4 or 5 times a week, do you finish each part of the cycle much faster?

Im not so sure I have bought into the idea of working out everday.

If volume was low enough 1 to 2 sets...then maybe.

But that takes us right back to the right now effect...and well...you know how much debate there is over that?

I could see were its good for cutting....though.

I truely believe though the stronger and more expierenced you are recovery plays a role in training.

However some of the most awesome physiques on the planet are in the Circus de sol in Las Vegas and those guys train everyday!
rock.gif

I think I am going to try it with the 15s and 10s, not everyday but with two of the workouts on subsequent days. I will make those the lightest workouts of the week. Then when I go to 5s I will switch to 2x/week raining and see how that goes.

Like Joe, I reckon full-body every single day AND getting enough volume in each session will be overkill once you have a good year or so of training under your belt. However, I don't see a problem if you are new to training, as long as you eat enough. Your CNS will be able to cope at that level as long as you avoid failure.

If you are only training three days a week then a few of your options are:

Do full-body three x weekly - training on two consecutive days should be fine (again, as long as you avoid failure).

Do a split routine for Tuesday and Wednesday and then full-body on Friday. That would allow you to get in a bit more volume per body part over Tues and Wed.

Do full-body Tues and Fri and then use Wednesday to do some different exercises.

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 07 2007,06:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Do a split routine for Tuesday and Wednesday and then full-body on Friday. That would allow you to get in a bit more volume per body part over Tues and Wed.</div>
This is actually a great idea..I think for anyone who maybe wanted to have the best of both worlds!

I may even try this one day in the future!

Back