2 HSTs Questions

I

imported_hangi24-7

Hey guys, I apologise if this has been answered in the FAQ, I read about it but I am still a little confused/unsure.

1) Zig zagging involves repeating the weights because your 15 rep blocks and 10 rep blocks overlap (weight wise), correct? If I choose to zig zag and say the 3rd workout of my 15 rep block uses the same weight as the first of my 10 rep block, should I repeat the workout and do 15 reps, or just do 10?

2) I've noticed ever since I started doing full body workouts instead of the traditional splits, I felt sore during the first week of 15's, but now I don't feel any more pump or DOMs, despite the workouts still being hard to complete. Is this due to the nature of full body workouts, or am I doing something else wrong?

2) especially during the 5s, you won't be experiencing the pump anymore. that's why you should add drop sets or partials or static holds or whatever makes it burn :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ June 25 2005,10:28)]2) especially during the 5s, you won't be experiencing the pump anymore. that's why you should add drop sets or partials or static holds or whatever makes it burn  :D
I thought drop sets and partials were only to be included during the 5's? Should I be including them in with the 10's? And how can I effectively incorporate static holds into the 10's?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hangi24-7 @ June 25 2005,9:18)]1) Zig zagging involves repeating the weights because your 15 rep blocks and 10 rep blocks overlap (weight wise), correct? If I choose to zig zag and say the 3rd workout of my 15 rep block uses the same weight as the first of my 10 rep block, should I repeat the workout and do 15 reps, or just do 10?

2) I've noticed ever since I started doing full body workouts instead of the traditional splits, I felt sore during the first week of 15's, but now I don't feel any more pump or DOMs, despite the workouts still being hard to complete. Is this due to the nature of full body workouts, or am I doing something else wrong?
1. Do 10 reps for the 10 rep blocks, if you don't feel any strain on the muscle because of the zig zag then do another set or slow down the tempo. Make it tough but not so tough that you can't complete the set.

2. It's due to the muscle and connective tissues response to loading, not because it's a full body workout.

Back