2nd cycle adjustments- wide-grip upright rows vs lateral raises

waray214

i'm getting ready to start my 2nd cycle in a few days. i really enjoyed my first cycle and saw some good results. my routine was as follows...

Squats/Deads (alt)
Flat bbell bench/Dips (alt)
Seated dumbbell shoulder press
Barbell rows
Pull-ups
Close-grip bench/rev grip bench (alt)
Bbell curls
Dbell shrugs

The only part of my routine I really want to make adjustments me to is the shoulder portion. First, i'm thinking of switching from seated dumbbell shoulder press to seated bbell press, mostly because i'm not going to be able to bump up the weights on dumbbell sh press for the next cycle and i actually think i'll get more ROM and activate my upper chest a little more with a barbell if i bring it all the way down to the clavicle. second, i really need to work on my side and rear delts. even with all the compounds in my routine, i just didnt feel my posterior or medial delts getting hit that well and saw next to no growth. i'm thinking of alternating military press with a combination of wide-grip upright rows OR lateral raises with rear delt raises. i know i can lift more weight with upright rows but it's somewhat of a controversial exercise that can lead to injury. also, i know the traps are activated with this exercise and i dont want to overwork my traps as i already have deadlifts and shrugs. or do i go with lateral raises. from what i know, the best way to actually hit your medial delts are lateral raises. my only concern is i'm looking to put on the most mass as possible here and an isolation exercise using light weights seems to be a contradiction to that goal. so what do you guys think?

1- dumbbell vs barbell shoulder press
2- wide-grip upright rows vs lateral raises

you could drop the shrugs and flat bench,and include incline-bench and upright-rows,the incline will hit your front delts fine,and the upright-rows should hit your traps/rear-delts,you could also add rear-delt-lateral-raises.

Back