2x/week workouts

SweetDaddyPatty

couldn't find this in FAQs so I'd like to know what has worked for people who only lifted twice a week.
I'm going through a period where my work schedule only allows me 2 workouts a week. I know I could MAKE TIME but I'm not going to stress about it.
Just wondering if you still do 6 workouts at each rep range, so each rep range would take 3 weeks, or do 4 workouts at each rep range, so that each rep range takes 2 weeks.

Either way would be fine. I'd probably opt just to do 4 workouts for each rep range rather than prolong the cycle, if time is a problem for you due to work.

Like Totz says either way is fine but if you feel that you can still be productive lengthening a mesocycle then it won't hurt to do so. I reckon RBE will catch up with you more quickly when the loads are lighter at the beginning of a cycle but once you are in the 10s you could do an extra week and the same for 5s too.

With 2 x weekly training you should find that your strength levels are impacted less due to more time for CNS recovery which is nice.

Although I can agree with Tot and Lol, I'm doing 6 workouts per cycle which takes 3 weeks p/mesocycle so far it has not caught up with me at all.

I have missed the odd workout here and there sometimes only making it 1x week but the 2x week has worked well so far,I'm feeling pretty strong and not getting tired too soon, it ios very simplified though, only 5 exercises.

IN the beggining IU started off with boith A/B mixed into a superset type routine but it got too much on the 5's so I split it again.

If you do 2 workouts per week i think you better do 3 weeks for each rep range. Becuase then you go up with the loads more slowly, and no need to rush. But its only my opinion.

been there. did 2 cycles of 2/w (with variation).
the weights felt heavier and the increments felt big. try kipping the same total rep count as in the "strict" HST routine and apply them to 2/w. also you can try a more moderate increments by kipping the 6 sessions format, as suggested.

Back