3 times or 5 times a week - what works best ya?

namemattersnot

i seem to get a feeling that people work out more than 3 times a week, unlike what I read from the HST docs.

so, is it 3 or more? 5 with am/pm splits? full body workout or each muscle group per day?

it's REALLY confusing since what i understood is: HST = 3 times a week, with increasing loads & full body workout. other days are left for muscles to rebuild.

help me out, guys! thanks.

my suggestion is to start with 3 times a week. Afther some months you can do a 5 times a week and see what you like and what works for you.

At the moment I like 6 time a week because its not so heavy as 3 time a week.
good luck

3 times per week is the basic optimization for what frequency you use. That is for a full body workout. Some of use have taken it to the next level, by increasing the frequency even more.

I now do 5x per week. Full body workout Monday - Friday. I like it better than 3x per week results wise. If i get into the groove, i love it. Sometimes though things don't go your way and you start wishing you were only lifting 3x per week. Go with what you can handle/do. And if this is your first cycle, i'd suggest 3x per week. It did wonders for me my first cycle.

This is how I have always looked a fitness routine as a whole. I have always worked out 3 times a week unless I was cutting. The reason being is prob. completely different than what you think i am going to say.

Way back in college I decided to stick with 3 days a week b/c I thought that it a) was a routine that I could do the rest of my life no matter what type of career or family I had plus b) unless you are a die hard lifter it makes it tough to get in enough calories if you are hitting the weights 5 times a week...plus c) if you can make great gains in 3 times a week why even bother with 5...that just me I have always been a realistic type person...I love working out..don't know what I would do if I couldn't do it...but I dont want to set up shop and live in the gym.

Hope this helps! :D

That's the kind of stuff i need to get in my head. What's the rush anyways? Allways in such a rush to get bigger, more cut, work out more, etc. etc.

Like Old & Grey says, get rid of the stress. Go for the ride and enjoy it.

As I see it, the most important issue with high frequency is your ability to get in enough calories. I've found out that it is much easier for me to bulk on a 3x a week schedule.

I workout 3 times a week cause my girl would kill me if I did more.

Back