3 year SD

I

imported_damo2576

So, I'm back after what must be about 3 years 'strategic deconditioning'! Used to me a member here but forgot my login, think my username was damo or similar but forgot so have reregistered.

Just about to start back at the gym, had great gains before on HST. Was wondering if anything had changed in the time I'd been away? I'm lucky I have all my old training logs so was thinking just to restart where I left off, or started last time.

My programs below, would welcome any comments. If it ain't broke don't fix it?

seated leg press
dumbell press
dips*
wide grip pulldowns
narrow grip pulldowns
shoulder press
lat flyes
dumbell curls
dumbell shrugs
tricep push downs
skull crushers
calf raises**

Thanks in advance, looking forward to getting back on it!

Damo

Welcome, Damo.

Like you, I've recently started to work out again after a long layoff.  This is definitely a great place to learn and to help stay motivated.  

I'm pretty sure when the resident experts chime in regarding your program, they'll probably tell you that you have too many isolation exercises and not enough of the staple compounds.  Squats and Deadlifts will surely be recommended.

<div>
(damo2576 @ Sep. 26 2007,02:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So, I'm back after what must be about 3 years 'strategic deconditioning'!</div>
A three year SD ought to be about right. You may want to back off a bit from your previous rep maxes...

And, yeah, do some deadlifts!

I've been on a two month SD due to work. I'll be starting out with some cardio, single sets using just a 135 lb. bar for squats, deads, pendlay rows and bench. When I get over the initial DOMS I should have, I'll go to two sets of 15's, then start raising the weight each workout.
I've planned this because I'm 54 and know I just can't &quot;jump in&quot; and go: fitness will be necessary, neural memories reattached, some FAT lost, and do I ever need some faster metabolism! I don't want to jump in, get too sore, and back out again: it's just too hard to get started again compared to using momentum to keep going.

Back