3rd Cycle

countryboy

Ok i am currently having my "rest"week and will start my 3rd hst cycle next week.

now i have currently completed 2 vanilla cycles of

2 weeks- 1 set of 15 reps
2 weeks - 2 sets of 10 reps
2 weeks - 3 sets of 15 reps.

now for this next cycle i am thing of two things, please tell me if i am getting to far ahead of myself or am completely of track.

firstly i am thinking of the following rep/set schemes
2 weeks - 2 sets of 12 reps
2 weeks - 3 sets of 8 reps
2 weeks - 5 sets of 5 reps

any opinions thoughts, reason for doing so is i am trying to acheive more volume from the workout, which are three times a week.

secondly i am looking at extending my cycle by two weeks using max stim.

rep would be a target of 20 reps(more/less what is the general consensus) for each exercise. working with my 5rm+5% (is this too ambitous)
i will aslo pare back the number of exercises as well.

eg:
workout 1 would be squats and bench
workout 2 would be deads and shoulder press

also with max stim, if you hit your rep target do you increase the weight the next workout

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">any opinions thoughts, reason for doing so is i am trying to acheive more volume from the workout, which are three times a week.

secondly i am looking at extending my cycle by two weeks using max stim.
</div>

Go ahead! Personally, I am not a fan of constraining yourself to a given # of sets, but the different rep scheme may be enjoyable for you as a change-up.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">workout 1 would be squats and bench
workout 2 would be deads and shoulder press</div>

Is that your routine?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Oct. 24 2007,09:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">workout 1 would be squats and bench
workout 2 would be deads and shoulder press</div>

Is that your routine?</div>
no that would be my routine for the last two weeks of max stim.

Back