4th cycle

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_harleymon
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_harleymon

Hello,
Well it's been some time for me on here, but I'm letting anyone who may be interested that I'm doing my 4th cycle of HST. I love doing this routine and I was to a nutritionist 2 weeks ago. The owner of the place helped me, but her first question was do I know my blood type, (A+) and she told me that every other day working out is perfect, but that whey protien will not be utilized totally in my system and that soy protien is best for my blood type. She gave me reasons for it, but not to my understanding. She said to eat a baked potato or have an orange juice drink before working out, then take my creatine, L-glutamine, and protien afterwards which I've done it that way anyhow.
As to my work out I always start with the 15's. Then on to 10's and 5's I get great results from this system (HST) Although I have done 1 cycle of S.A.I.S.which was pritty good too.

Say "Hey, could I get a copy of that study you told me about the other day that shows that soy protein is better than whey for those with A+ blood? Or if you have the reference I can just look it up on PubMed myself."  You'll probably get a face like this  
butbut.gif
, because there is no scienfitic support for it. I'd get a new nutritionist if I were you.

I look into the soy bit before I jumped on that wagon.

About 6 months ago I researched the heck out of supplements and finally just quit - to avoid further confusion.
I reasoned that soy was nowhere near as efficient as far as protein quantity per serving and assimilation, as whey.

A guy I workout with suggested I try a Alfalfa-siblunga(some kinda algae)-wheatgrass shake instead of a protein shake. It sounds like drinking puke.

I've quit all bodybuilding supplements except ONwhey Protein shakes, and EAS's phosphagen HP (enhanced creatine).

There are a lot of veggie proponents out there. I've got a close friend (vegeterian) that has worked out for years and none of us would be happy with his results. This guy is constantly sick as well...like colds and stuff. Heck...I'm never sick...go figure.

laugh.gif

I believe there is something to blood typing nutrition. I'm a blood type O and my wife is an A. I can tell you for a fact there are things I eat...she can't. Basically, us ole O's can eat just about everything including the can.

How do you know that this is due to blood type and not gender differences, different metabolisms, different insulin sensisitivity, different activity levels, different caloric expenditures, etc? Seems like there are a lot more reasons that are more persuasive.

You no guys, I have a tendancy to agree with you. In the past I have used Whey protien (ON whey) and along with the creatin which i've used is swole v2 and monohydrate creatine + L-glutamineI have had GOOD results. I'm not denying that what she has told me NOT to be true, because I have used soy protien. Which is better I think whey. Maybe it's because what she beleives in.

Back