5 days HST

Tetragrammation

Just finished my first HST cycle and I definately are continuing with this method. However, I'm doing a PH cycle right now so I am not convinced a 3 day fullbody will give me the best possible results.
So I am thinking about a different training method during this weeks to change back to HST when I am finished.
Now I went to the gym after some SD and I found myself unhappy training with a split. So I am hoping you guys can give some possibilities on how to perform a HST schedule with 5 workouts in a week.

Tetra

We are not going to convince you, rather you are going to convince yourself
laugh.gif

A good intense 3 x week w/o can easily be fine, but there is no harm in doing 5 x week, there is a variety of programs you can pick.

Rule and only rule stick to the principles.

1 - Avoid failure except on last rep of last workout of each minicycle.
2 - SD after a full cycle.
3 - Keep progression each workout.
4 - Keep it simple and do not workout for more than one hour.
5 - Workout either you 1 RM or 5RM/10RM/15RM and then implement into cycle.

Hope this helps for now!
laugh.gif

You're not going to like it but if I was training 5x a week then I would do a full body workout 5x a week - in fact I do, it's supposed to be 6x a week but I always end up having an extra day off some where!

Essentially, if you're training HST style, there should be no reason to think that a full body workout isn't the best method for you as we're not going for maxiumum intensity/training to failure etc.

I guess you could split the body in half and do upper/lower or push/pull etc and then just do 3 sessions/2 sessions of each each week and obviously which session gets 3 gos will automatically change each week.

Cheers

Rob

i have decided to lose some fat so i have been doing 6x a week fullbody im in my 5s BTW i actually feel better than doing 3x more energy etc..the plus to doing 6xwk is you dont have to worry about missing a session or your diet
thumbs-up.gif
..dont know if i will be able to carry on for long getting to the gym everyday etc
sad.gif
..am thinking about doing an experiment with 6 different exercises per bodypart using maxes only i might print it up start a new thread. :D

Thanks for the input guys. I actually started my cycle last sunday I honestly have to admit. So I'm afraid I fudged up my SD by starting with a split last monday. I feel kind of stupid about this but I would nog have guessed a split schedule would bore me after just 1 HST-cycle.

After this week I've got 3 weeks left. I'm now thinking about doing 12/8/4 and each reprange 1 week from 70% xRm to xRM in this order: 70% 80% 80% 90% 100%. I want to do a fullbody so this is what I made up. The number after the excercise is the numer of sets I will do.

Squat 2
Deadlift 1
Bent over row 2
Dumbell press 2
Flyes 1
Incline hammer curls 2
Tate press 2
Military press 1
Side raise 1
Shrugs 2
Seated calve raise 1

At first I was afraid this would lead to overtraining. What do you guys think about the number of excercises and sets? Remember that I am on hormones and eating 4000+ Kcals on workout days.
Or do you think I should beter go for a push/pull which I am going to read a few articels about right now.

I would not call that overtraining. Volume is dependent upon the trainee. As you said, you are eating like a hourse and taking hormones, so that WO will be good for you. Three weeks 5x/wk going 12/8/4 is okay, but since you only have 3 weeks, then go ahead and do it. Longer cycles are better, but at least this will give you a great feel for HST.

As far as exercise selection goes. I would replace the flyes with dips. I don't know what Tate Press is. I would take out the side raises and curls and throw in chins.

-Colby

Thanks for the input!

I know the excercises you mentioned are regarded as some of the best mass builders but I personally don't like working out with bodyweight.

Tate press is a populair tricep excercise among powerlifters who follow an UB/LB schedule. It's somewhere between smal bench press and tricep extensions.

Everyone agrees with this setup? Hoping for more confirmation...

Back