5 days or 3 days?

Mother Goose

I've always stuck with a 5 day workout routine. My Max-OT routine is 5 days/week (Legs, Chest, Biceps/Abs, Triceps/Delts, and Back). My (first and only) HST routine was also 5 days, with a 2 day rotation with:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Incline DB
Weighted Pullups
Weighted Dips
Smythe Military Press
Tricep Exensions

Tuesday, Thursday
Bent over BB Rows
Deadlifts
BB Curls
Abs
Hammer Curls

In did 8 weeks of Max-OT, took 1-2 weeks off, then HST for 6 weeks (did not do negs), another week off, and now I'm about to do my 7th week of Max-OT. After the 7th week, I'll take a week off, and I'm thinking about coming back to HST.

Can someone comment on whether I should change things up to a 3 day split? (Mondays/Wednesday/Fridays), or should I try something different, such as Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun/Tues/...? Or should I be sticking with my same old 5 day routine? Is it usually important to switch this?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mother Goose @ April 09 2005,5:22)]Is it usually important to switch this?
Unless you NEED the additional volume that 5 days will give ya, No.

BTW, I have always wondered and you might know, being a goose and all, which came first the Goose or the egg??
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ April 09 2005,7:40)]By any chance is this the Mother Goose from Connecticut?
No, this is the Mother Goose from Ontario, Canada. (There's another one? What a gyp!)

Keeping the volume the same, have you guys had higher, lower, or equal (in general ) success with routines involving more than 3 days at the gym? (An emphasis on keeping the volume the same)

I know OG does am-pm splits like 5x a week...I just started doing the same myself. so far so good but to early for progress reports.

btw I'm in Ottawa myself, I have converted about 5 guys at my gym to HST too already
thumbs-up.gif

no geese yet tho...

Back