6 times a week/ 2 a day

JornT

HI guys,

I heard some of you HST'rs had insane results with training 6 times a week, twice a day. I've tried searching the forum for it, but couldn't find it. If you can give me a link to and old thread that would be awsome.
If not, can you explain me how it was set up and how insane was the insane part?
smile.gif

Since holidays are comming, I think I might give it a try.

Thx in advance,

JornT

Jorn

I can't remember the threads now, but it goes something like this:

Make a simple program with:

Squats alternated with deadlifts (AM/PM)
Bench/Dips
Chins/Rows
Military presses/Lateral raises or very incline presses your choice
Throw in some abs.

Do all of these AM/PM six days/week.
15 - 2 sets (1 am & 1 pm)
10 - 3 sets (1 am & 2 pm) morning seems to be worst for strength, watch out for bending movements in the am as your spine has more fluid then.
5 - 6 sets (3 am & 3 pm)
negs - the same as fives or if no partner then extend 5's for an extra 2 weeks.

Then SD.

Eat well above maintenance - at least 1000 calories over probably even more (measure by your gains, if going well keep at it, if not increase feeds)

Do not overdo the volume as this is already double the recommended dose!

That should be it! Good luck!

Thx fausto

Pretty much as I expected, but what I was really curious about is the weight increments.

I don't think you would increase between sessions, do you even increase everyday? Since we don't really know how long the RBE takes...just 3 increases a week like regular HST?

Hi JornT,

I would like to add that if you want to bulk with a program like this (6x a week twice a day) you have to eat A LOT. I can't stress this enough. You 'll have to eat like a giant in order to grow, as you'll be burning lots and lots of calories. Just make sure that you are able to maintain a caloric surplus.

Regards,
Dimitris

Thx guys.

I was thinking about using it for a cut though. Wasn't planning on cutting much calories down, just burn more with the increased frequency. And the 12 sessions a week must have the best nutrient partioning effect I can ever imagine.

Or do you guys think the programma is to intense for a cut?

Fausto was right on it with everything he said. If you're cutting, then eat 500 under maintenance - include the weightlifting into your maintenance calories obviously!

High frequency works well for cutting, as it allows you to burn a lot of calories (if you do not wish to do cardio as often). Just keep your overall volume in check, because most likely you 'll experience limited energy stores.

If your energy webs with 500 under, go up a bit as it would be counter-productive not to do so!

Keep this under control, as you may be able to gain and cut in one shot, you will be the proof!

Well, whether you will gain some muscle (and how much you can gain) while cutting depends on your bf%. The fatter/higher bf, the higher the chance you will gain some muscle. This is what has been generally observed, so far I know of no study explaining this. For example, If you are already 10%bf, don't expect to gain any muscle while cutting, as 10% is already low.

Regards
smile.gif

-JV

Back