6X WK AB training, any suggenstions?

Nils2u

Hi!

I'm already starting to set up my bulking program after the summer. As of now, it looks like this:

AB training, 6x a week (48h betweeen each equal WO)

A: S/T/T: Legs and back (15s)
1x Deadlift
1x Chins
1x Rows
1x Bentover rows
1x Calf raises
---------------------------------
Total 5 sets = 75 reps

B: M/W/F: Chest and shoulders (15s)
2x Dips
1x Incline Bench
1x Seated Militairy press
1x Lateral raises
Total 5 sets =75 reps

10s
I'm not shure what to do abt the 10s and 5s... Could need some help here... A suggestion is:

A: S/T/T: Legs and back (10s)
2x Deadlift
2x Chins
1x Rows
1x Bentover rows
2x Calf raises
Total 8 sets = 80 reps

B: M/W/F: Chest and shoulders (10s)
2x Dips
2x Incline Bench
2x Seated Militairy press
2x Lateral raises
Total 8 sets = 80 reps

5s
Still more conficed here, I don't think I'll handle more sets of the compound exercises, but I could include
some  isolation movements.
The volume might be to much already.
Any comments from someone whom have tried 6x a week AB WO?

A: S/T/T: Legs and back (5s)
3x Deadlift
3x Chins
2x Rows
2x Bentover rows
1x shrugs (need to work on my delts)
2x Calf raises
Total 13 sets = 65 reps

B: M/W/F: Chest and shoulders (10s)
3x Dips
2x Incline Bench
1x flyes
3x Seated Militairy press
2x Lateral raises
Total 11 sets = 55 reps

Any comments? Do you think deadlift and calf raises is enough to hit my legs properly,
or should I include legcurls(/squats aswell, not shure if I can handle both squats and deadlifts though)?
At the post 5 weeks I thought of include dropsets at most exercises. I do not have any training partner, so I can't do the negatives...

I think your routine looks okay, but I would consider only doing 4 times a week if you are bulking, unless you are eating a ton. I found high frequency to be detrimental during bulking, but that might just be me.

Do you have a squat rack? I would alternate squats and deads at least. Shrugs won't help your delts much, unless you meant to say traps. If you really need more work on your upper traps, you could add a shrug to the top of your deadlift, after you lockout.

Negatives - you can do negatives without a training partner for some exercises. Weighted chins and weighted dips are very easy to do negative style when you don't have a partner, and they are extremely productive.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jun. 25 2006,10:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think your routine looks okay, but I would consider only doing 4 times a week if you are bulking, unless you are eating a ton.  I found high frequency to be detrimental during bulking, but that might just be me.</div>
High frequency when bulking can be extremely effective, but you MUST eat A LOT as Totentanz pointed out.

Nils, I wouldn't worry much about keeping the volume constant like you're trying to do. Your layout is pretty decent. I'm going to echo Toten again and stress the need for squats though.

Ok, thx for your answers. I ment traps and might try to include them within the deadlift exercise.
Would it be better to alternate sqats and deadlifts and perhaps include a set with stifflegged deadlift with the sqats to compensate.

Would it be better to decrese the volume and upkeep the 6x a week or to keep this volume and decrese the training frequecy to 4x a week?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
Would it be better to alternate squats and deadlifts and perhaps include a set with stifflegged deadlift with the sqats to compensate.</div>

I would suggest that. Some people (like myself) will do deadlifts and squats the same day, but it takes a lot out of you. It's a good way to get your shirt soaked!

Would it be better to decrese the volume and upkeep the 6x a week or to keep this volume and decrese the training frequecy to 4x a week? [/quote/

How much do you plan on eating? I would decrease the training to 3-4x/week for now. Eat a good bit, and if you make gains, then you can try increasing your frequency and eating more. IMO, It's a rather daunting task to jump into high frequency bulking.

Olympic squats and deadlifts should build up your calves. Make sure you squat with the full range of motion though, hamstrings on the calves.

I think it's better to alternate them as most people cannot lift as heavy in the second exercise. There's no way I can lift as heavy in the deadlift after heavy squats. I think if you've squatted properly it will take away from the deadlift and vice-versa.

Back