7 straight weeks of 5's ??????

suprarob

7 weeks into my 5's and I am still gaining strength. I dropped the arm iso's to cut down on fatigue and do 5 compound exercises only. I have gone from MWF to lately doing every third day workout. I have a few questions??? Any help appreciated!

1) My arms are not growing, why?
2)How long can I go on like this?
3)My fat level seems to be up,why?
4)Will I need a longer than normal deconditioning?

I realize some of these questions are vague but it is my first cycle! Sleep and diet is decent too.
Thanks,Rob.

Rob

That's great going!
cool.gif
No hurts. no pains?

Well you'dropp[ed the curls, it might just be that your ams need them as extra for growth.

2)How long can I go on like this? If there's no pains, until there is, surely you can't keep progressing forever so when the strength hits a halt, then you're about done.

3)My fat level seems to be up,why? Ah, you doing any cardio, your frequency has dropped, maybe you want to introduce cardio on days off, else taper your nutrition just a tad.

4)Will I need a longer than normal deconditioning? Don't think so, two or three weeks should do it!

<div>
(Fausto @ May 04 2007,12:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Rob

That's great going!
cool.gif
No hurts. no pains?

Well you'dropp[ed the curls, it might just be that your ams need them as extra for growth.

2)How long can I go on like this? If there's no pains, until there is, surely you can't keep progressing forever so when the strength hits a halt, then you're about done.

3)My fat level seems to be up,why? Ah, you doing any cardio, your frequency has dropped, maybe you want to introduce cardio on days off, else taper your nutrition just a tad.

4)Will I need a longer than normal deconditioning? Don't think so, two or three weeks should do it!</div>
lFirst off, thanks Fausto! I am a little tight but not hurting after workouts.
The reason I dropped curls was I am pretty fatigued by the end of my workout.
Cardio is a good idea.
Any other suggestions appreciated!
Thanks,Rob.

Go as long as you can...After 10 weeks of progression I plan on extending the heavy training for as long as physically possible...hopefully for 10 weeks if I can handle it.
Lifting heavy is the best gains...
cool.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">1) My arms are not growing, why?
2)How long can I go on like this?
3)My fat level seems to be up,why?
4)Will I need a longer than normal deconditioning?</div>
The only questions I see that can be answered without knowing your stats and recent workout routine are the SD. - 14 days works for anyone regardless, IMO.
And how long? As long as you feel okay. The articles have some info on that.

As long as you're still growing, keep going.

Heh that rhymes.

Don't base it on strength gains, after your body adapts to RBE you can still make strength gains neurologically, but of course as long as you're increasing the weight, you're outrunning RBE, which means you don't need to decondition.

Of course, there is the little matter of burn-out, which you seem to be running into if you can no longer maintain the volume. I would say a 12 week continous cycle is about the limit of what's healthy (although maxstim had a 20 week cycle, but that has fatigue management such as m-time and zigzagging built into it for prolonging the cycle)

Listen to your body, it will tell you when enough is enough.

Thanks guys, I think I'm done. My knees and shoulders have developed odd pain. Time to decondition. 14 days seems like forever. Is this best?
Rob.

14 days is probably the best balance between the amount of deconditioning, and the amount of muscle and strength preserved.

<div>
(Peak_Power @ May 07 2007,20:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">14 days is probably the best balance between the amount of deconditioning, and the amount of muscle and strength preserved.</div>
Thanks man, you PEAKed again!
Rob.

Back