7000 Members

colby2152

I just checked the stats at the bottom and we are now over 7000 members on the forum! I remember not too long ago when the board hit 4000. Everyone, keep up the great work of spreading the word. Maybe, just maybe, we will reach 10,000 members by the end of the year?

nice!

.....still can't get over what a nice change this is from the bb.com boards
smile.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 03 2007,11:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe, just maybe, we will reach 10,000 members by the end of the year?</div>
Just to give you some stats, we get about 40-60 membership submissions every week, but only about 20-30 get confirmed through their email (the rest are probably bogus, since email confirmation is done everywhere these days). Of those 20-30 that request for posting rights, I find that on the average 10% or more of those are spambots. So I end up accepting about 15-20 members every week, on the average. Sometimes it is a little lower. I'm pretty confident though that we never get lower than 10-15 new members every week. We still have 40+ weeks, so if this just keeps up, we will probably reach 8000 (or near 8000) before Jan 2008. Who knows, maybe even more as HST becomes more and more popluar, right?

BY THE WAY: If you have a friend who's registration I disapproved - meaning I must have thought their application was not legit (spammer or spambot) - please extend my apologies and send me a PM about it so I can expect them when they register again. I hope this has not happened yet. I also only check the registrations once a week. Tell them to be patient as it may take anywhere from a day to a week before they finally get posting rights. I am sorry for this inconvenience, but this had to be done to stop the spamming in our board.

Regards to all,

-JV

Back