8-9 days OFF, what now ?

smartin999

hi there,

sorry for my english, it's not my mother-language
smile.gif

i am in the middle of a 6-week-HST-cycle, just passed about 3 weeks.

due to some 'private reasons' i have to STOP training for 8 or 9 days.

what would you do after this 'unplanned' break ? starting the WHOLE cycle again ? or just continue from the point befor the break ?

;-)

yeah, 6 weeks is pretty short.
if you want to keep it at 6 weeks for some reason (1st cycle, personal preference, work, etc, etc,) then just simply start over.

many try 2 weeks of 15s, 2 weeks of 10s, 2 weeks of 5s and then evaluate from there. if your still gaining strength or body weight and feel good then keep going. once you feel like your reaching a point where you need a break (you'll know) finish out the week and take a break. for most (not all) this seems to come around the 8-10 week (total) mark.

if youve done a few cycles you probably know all that already but if you havent, dont worry, usually by the 3-4 cycle your weights, reps, length of cycle etc. are all dialed in.

good luck

I would pick it up again at the start of the 10s and do however much you want to do from there (as per bluej's post).

samrtin99

What i did when that happened to me last time, I re started the 5's from scratch as i felt I did not want to SD just then, it was fine.

Lol's suggestion is also cool, maybe go back to 2nd week of 10's so that you don't go back too far!
wink.gif

Back