9 week cycle

faz

my next 2 cycles need to be 9 weeks what is the best way to add 1 more week..
i was thinking if doing a weight twice is ok is doing a weight three times ok...so if i did 3 increments 3 times on my 15s,10s,5s, that would give me 9 weeks...
so for instance on my 15s squats i would do 3 days at 90k 3 days at 95k and three days at 100k (3 weeks)

or should i do an extra week on all the maxes 15s,10s,5s,also 9 weeks...

or just do an extra week of 5s which would make 2wks 15s, 2wks 10s, 5wks 5s..is that to long on the 5s even with metabolic sets...

how long can you use a weight for before it becomes ineffective... :confused:

Using it three times isn't too much of a problem. 7-14 days is a good estimate. That's why we can prolong the absolute 5RM for two weeks.

But more than that may be a problem. So my suggestion would be to repeat the heavy weights during the 5's. When you get to the 4th workout (assuming you increment every workout), use each weight three times before incrementing again. Then when you reach your last increment, extend that for 2 weeks like you are doing already, and that's nine weeks already.

I'm not saying that's the best for hypertrophy. Honestly, using each effective weight for several times until it is ineffective may enable one to squeeze out additional hypertrophy, no matter if the repetition started from the 10's. But since you are just after another week of extension, I'm merely suggesting you repeat weights in the heavy part so that we are sure the weights are pretty effective, and will take some time for the muscle to adapt.

Regards,
-JV

Yup, if you're going to extend your cycle, don't extend the 15s or 10s, extend the 5s or the negatives. That's where you'll get the best results for the time you are putting in. Just make sure you eat big.

Back