A/B, Push/Pull question

Xforce

Hi

I saw many people here using different variations of A/B or Push/Pull routines.

So my question is how to progress weights correctly using this routines?

I mean with a single workout for microcycle you increment the weight six times to get to your max. So for A/B people just increment three times for each exercise or there are more complex calculations?

Thank you.

I just switched to a two-day split from doing a full body workout three times per week, and had similar questions but no answers. So I simply didn't change the way I set up my weights at all. For example, on Bench Press, my 15-rep max on the last cycle was 115 lbs. I set a goal of 125lbs for the first two weeks of my current cycle, and worked backwards by 5-10 lbs for each preceding workout. As I will be doing bench presses four times over the next two weeks, this means that my starting weight for this cycle was 105lbs, about ten pounds heavier than it would have been on the old routine of six workouts per macrocycle.

You simply increment the weight fewer times and use larger increments. For example, you might increment six times normally using say, 5 or 10 lb increments. Instead now you will use 10-20 lb increments and only increment three times.

Back