A/B Split

Rodney

On my next cycle I am planning on going to an A/B split. I will be doing squats on mondays and fridays, and DL on wednesdays.

A
Squat
SLDL
Incline Bench
Close-grip Bentover rows
Military
Calf Extensions
Abs

B
Deadlift
Leg Curls
Dips
Close-grip Pullups
Upright Rows
Calf Extensions
Abs

My question is how should weight increments be adjusted throughout a minicycle when doing a split routine? For example, do I increase "A" days on a 1, 3, 5 schedule and "B" days on a 2, 4, 6 schedule? What about deadlift? I am only doing deadlifts twice in a minicycle, so what would that look like, lifting the weight I would lift on days 3 and 6?

why not get 3 and 3 over the 2 weeks? I'm doing something simmilar and generally go up in increments of 10lbs, except where I'm doing the same thing for all workouts (like calves for you) in which case i increase by 5lbs.

I might take out SLDL and upright rows though...the forst because if you're going low enough in squats you won't need the extra hammy work, and the other because it can be very bad for your shoulders. Do military every workout instead.

Thanks for the advice on the upright rows, I was unaware it was bad for the shoulders. What do you mean by "3 and 3 over the 2 weeks"?

Back