about strategic deconditioning

ok...as I said before, I won't be using HST methods for my legs because I have a past injury and I don't want to lift heavy. the same goes for my core because I don't think it really needs it. My question is this; do I need to not work these muscles during my sd as well or can I work them out while doing sd for my other muscles?

thanks

It probably won't matter if you train legs.

Although you can still use progressive load principles with your leg workouts without going "heavy", you can just make sure the weights get a little heavier each workout and never approach anything your not comfortable with. I am also under the impression most guys on here don't do "HST" for abs anyways (atleast I know I don't).

But would'nt it be easier to just take 9-12 days off from the gym?

I hope that helped a little,

Joe G

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wantstobeinshape @ Sep. 10 2005,4:07)]ok...as I said before, I won't be using HST methods for my legs because I have a past injury and I don't want to lift heavy. the same goes for my core because I don't think it really needs it.  My question is this; do I need to not work these muscles during my sd as well or can I work them out while doing sd for my other muscles?
thanks
Depends on what exercises you are doing with your legs that could impact other muscles.

Again, it depends on what those "other" exercises will be and what the load is being used.

Let me cut to the quick here.

If doing Deads ,Squats, Lunges, while SD'ing it may be smart to not do them.

SLDL, Good Mornings, load not only the Hamstrings.

Now even if using heavy isolation such as Extensions, the isometric force used to hold yourself down will load the shoulders, biceps, lats, traps and others.

See my point?

Back