Adding weights and my program

nWe

I'm a little confused about the weight adding from workout to workout.

As I've been told I should add weights like this with my 242lbs 15RM Squats as an example.

He meant I should add the weight like this:
Week 1: Day 1 214.5lbs, day 3 222lbs, day 5 225.5lbs
Week 2: Day 1 231kg, day 3 107.5kg, day 5 236.5kg
(adding 5,5 pounds every workout)

Is this right? And isn't that extremely light weight? It will be like sleeping trough the first workouts.

And does this program look good?

Day 1:

Squat
Stiffleg
Benchpress
Militarypress
Bent over row
Close-grip benchpress
Hantelcurl
Calfraise
+ Fast ab workout

Day 3:

Deadlift
Frontsquat
Incline benchpress
Pulldown
Close-grip benchpress
Straight bar curl
Calfraise
+ Fast ab workout

Day 5:

Squat
Stiffleg
Benchpress
Bent over row
Close-grip benchpress
Straight bar curl
Calfraise
+ Fast ab workout

Hi nWe

This is a 5% increment (best to use % IMO) 187-197-207-218-230-242, alternative is 10 pounds p/increment seeing that this is a squat so: 192-202-212-222-232-242, you could use a 10% increment, or you could also choose to start higher (say 218 - 220) and repeat the weight 2x...also up to you.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is this right? And isn't that extremely light weight? It will be like sleeping trough the first workouts.</div>

People almost always invariably ask the same question, I'll counter it, have you done 15 before? And whole body programs? If not give it a bash, you may be surprised!
wink.gif

The program, looks alright, the only problem you might encounter is having 2 types of benchpress (for triceps I'd rather use weighted dips) and deadlifts + frontsquats (may end up frying your lower back), but this you could streamline when you get to 5's...up to you!

Back