Advice on SDing

BigL

Hi all, I am doing HST and dieting strict to try and slim down and get toned up. I just finished my first HST cycle last week and this past Monday I went to the gym only to get my maxes for my next cycle and I took the rest of this week off.

My question is: Should I start my next cycle this coming Monday or should I take off another week?

I may be wrong but I believe if you are trying ot cut you shouldnt SD at all?

ANy help would be appreicated

Thanks in advance

No SD while cutting. You also do not want to do 15s when cutting either. Go right back into 10s.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 07 2008,11:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No SD while cutting.  You also do not want to do 15s when cutting either.  Go right back into 10s.</div>
Thanks for the response, I took this week off because i wanted to retake my maxes for my next cycle and also heal up the little aches around my body. Is that a bad thing?

Did you eat at maintenance during that time? A break from dieting can be a good thing, but a break from training while dieting is generally a bad idea. As long as you don't have an enormous calorie deficit, one week isn't going to strip all the muscle from your body, but it is still best to avoid that sort of thing anyway.

<div>
(BigL @ Mar. 07 2008,09:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I may be wrong but I believe if you are trying ot cut you shouldnt SD at all?</div>
Or, if you have to take a break from training, you need to eat at maintenance and keep your protein up. Otherwise you risk losing lean body mass.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 07 2008,12:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Did you eat at maintenance during that time?  A break from dieting can be a good thing, but a break from training while dieting is generally a bad idea.  As long as you don't have an enormous calorie deficit, one week isn't going to strip all the muscle from your body, but it is still best to avoid that sort of thing anyway.</div>
Yea i was still dieting this week :-(. I guess Ill go have a big lunch now ;-)

Back