After my first cycle

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_deswal
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_deswal

Greetings,

I didn't do any measurements before my first cycle besides body fat and weight.

So here is what it was on Febuary 9th before my first cycle
Height: 6'4"

BF 26.43%
Weight 215

Now
BF 23.66%
Weight 210

My first cycle I will admit I did quite a bit of ISO exercises and was happy with the results. This time around I think I am going to try the Faustonian methods
biggrin.gif

I am SDing this week.

Now, here is what I want to do. I want to a relatively serious cut.
Now, unfortunately I have no idea how to start it. Besides cardio eating a little less etc.

Another thing also as I mentioned before I have torn my ACL/MCL on my left knee. The doctor has given me the OK to work on my legs again. He said I can do anything except for leg extensions (didn't do them anyway) but it has to be light weight until you can support heavier weights. Now because of this I know I won't be able to do the 5s and Negatives maybe even the 10s.

Here is what I would like to know
When doing a cut am I supposed to do only high reps? Or do I follow the same HST type principles (15s, 10s, 5s etc)?.
I am going to incorporate more cardio as well 30-60 mins/day (I am not sure if that is a lot or not).
I am planning to eat about 2000 calories a day (not enough, too much)?
And more importantly the leg problem if I am only going to be doing light weights is there some kind of technique I can do to promote growth. They shrank considerably when this accident happened.

Also I would like to know a good routine.
Here is what I am planning to do

FLyes/Incline Bench (Alternating)
Bench/Decline Bench (Alternating)
Rows
Chins (with assist
blush.gif
)
Dips (with assist
blush.gif
)
Military press
Squats/Dead lifts (alternating)
Calves
And some core work

And perhaps
Preacher curls/Tri Extensions

The reason for the alternating bench is simply because I like doing them. Chest is my favorite body part to work.

Thanks in advance

deswal

Thanks for the vote of confidence, my method works well but is a bit demanding because of the 5 day frequency, however on days off weights you do the isolations and you perform some serious cardio work, I prefer the cardio before thw eights but theother way it also works.

As for cutting, you should work out your BMR (basal metabolic rate) so that you know how much you need to eat before cutting calories, then cut about 500 calories from that and see how you fair, 1 - 2 lb or 450 - 900 g p/week loss is a good guideline.

The program for cutting from seeing what most do consists of 10's and 5's, you skip the 15's and do not SD, as you not aiming at hypertrophy, secondly you try to stay on the 5's for as long as your cut lasts, obviously your strength levels will drop some, but staying on 5's will ensure you don't loose too much muscle mass.

Colby has some good tips on this and many other guys, keep checking till you find reasonable advice, I'm not that experienced at cutting.
wink.gif

Back