Alternating Incline and Flat Bench?

Reese9306

Title explains it, I have been looking around the site on how exactly to alternate incline and flat on m,w,f.
I just dont understand. Do I do 15 reps on flat bench of 155lbs then on wednesday do 15 reps on incline of like 120? or whatever it is. I need to figure out all my RM's this week. Just confused me when I go down in weight on a chest muscle because incline is obviously harder than normal..

When I first started HST I tried rotating different exercises between workouts. I just did the appropriate weight for the rep range in the exercise I was doing that day. After doing that the first couple cycles I gave it up because it was just too complicated keeping track of everything. However, it did seem to work fine as far as stimulating hypertrophy but I can’t say if there was any advantage or disadvantage to doing it.

Thanks for the response. I think I may try it. Another question is on the second week of each RM, do I do a 15RM or whatever RM I am on two times. Which means incline bench my full RM on wednesday then my full RM for flat bench on a friday?

Thanks for the response. I think I may try it. Another question is on the second week of each RM, do I do a 15RM or whatever RM I am on two times. Which means incline bench my full RM on wednesday then my full RM for flat bench on a friday?

Yes, that is what I would recommend but it won't really matter that much during the 15s and 10s.

As for the first question, they are two totally different exercises so don't worry about how they match up together. Yes, you are alternating them but it doesn't matter that you will be using different loads for each. Just do it as grunt explained and you will be fine.

Back