Alternating Workouts A/B

Taank

Ok, so I spent this week determing my 15/10/5 maxxes and
am now in SD and making a spreadsheet for my workout.

My question is, lets say I am alternating between 2 diff exercises, Squats/Leg Press (only an example).

So, I have determined the weight sequence for each exercise based on 6 workouts, so lets say I do Monday-Squat, Wed-Leg press and Fri-squat

So on wednesday, am I actually starting with the weight I came up with for my SECOND day working with leg presses?

In other words, am I really working out with squats with the weight i came up with for WO1, WO3, and WO5.
And Presses using the weight i came up with for WO2, WO4, and WO6. Therefore not even having a squat day with my max squat weight?

I hope my question is clear.

Just increment fewer times. So if your max for squat is 200 lbs and you will be doing squats 4 times during the 10s, you could go 140 160 180 200 or something along those lines.

Yup, you're right! Or you can do as Tot says. It doesn't really matter though as eventually after the 5s you will be squatting with your 5RM and pressing with your 5RM (or higher). So again, it's all about progression. If you want to ensure that you squat on the RM w/os rather than leg-press just arrange it that way. Or you could just squat Wednesday and Friday that week.

I have been alternating between A & B w/os this cycle so I have been up against the same problem. I decided to do deads on Wednesdays and squat Mon & Fri for the whole cycle. If I'm feeling up to it and I have the time I add in some SLDLs on squat days.

Back