Alternative to Shoulder Dumbbell Press (left shoulder pain)

Yomtlhc

I started feeling pain in my left shoulder several weeks ago when doing dbell overhead press. I took a break from doing them for several weeks and when the pain was gone I replaced them with some Lateral Raises, just to keep some shoulder work in my routine.
Today I tried reintroducing the dbell overhead press using fairly light weight (40 Lb dumbbells) and managed 11 reps but decided to stop since I could still feel some pain in my left shoulder.
Any ideas/advice on other options for shoulder workout that wouldn't involve overhead pressing? I read some posts of people only doing lateral raises + bentover lateral raises for shoulder workout but I don't feel that those would have the same effect as overhead press at all.
Opinions? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

I started feeling pain in my left shoulder several weeks ago when doing dbell overhead press. I took a break from doing them for several weeks and when the pain was gone I replaced them with some Lateral Raises, just to keep some shoulder work in my routine.
Today I tried reintroducing the dbell overhead press using fairly light weight (40 Lb dumbbells) and managed 11 reps but decided to stop since I could still feel some pain in my left shoulder.
Any ideas/advice on other options for shoulder workout that wouldn't involve overhead pressing? I read some posts of people only doing lateral raises + bentover lateral raises for shoulder workout but I don't feel that those would have the same effect as overhead press at all.
Opinions? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

I've had nice results doing a combo of tricep dips, rear delt raises, and upright rows in the past. I've never had shoulder problems, but when I first started lifting I was a little afraid of overhead pressing. I did that trio to hit the lateral, anterior, and posterior delts and it was enough to see some gains.

do all these asap:

1. see a doctor
2. stop all overhead movements
3. buy Bill de Simone's "Moment Arm Exercise", read it, put it to practice
4. You can do reverse grip bench, covered in the book

Back