Am I Eating Too Much Post Workout??

seancasey23

I tend to eat 50% of my calories 30 minutes after my workout. it's hard to eat 1600 cals of ground turkey rotisserie chicken and white rice (darn good though). i feel bloated at the end lol but i gotta eat to grow right.

it's hard to eat throughout the day because of work and i end up working out at around 9pm. i go to bed around 1 and wake up around 9. usually 2 meals roughly 800 cals before my workout. small cup of rice and some ground turkey 30 minutes before i workout. 3-5g creatine 15 minutes before. 3-5g after i workout and then my BIG meal.

is this ok?

It's not necessary to take creatine before and after workouts. You only need to take at most 5 grams of creatine a day and it doesn't really matter much when you do it.

As for big meals, big meals are fine. I would recommend you take a small protein shake 15-30 minutes prior to your workout like ExCompetitor suggested, then go ahead and have your big meal 30 minutes or so after your workout.

i like taking it before because it helps give me a pump, i like the feeling i guess. and i take it after because i figured what's another spoonful. i have a little teaspoon. isn't a teaspoon like 5g...

maybe i'll just take 1teaspoon of creatine before the workout. is that more efficient?

i need to scrape up some cash for whey. maybe in a week or two.

Back