am i on the right track ???

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_devient
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_devient

sorry guys its another 1 of those help me with my routine posts.

but ill be really happy if ya can help me out.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

im on a cut, doing a 6 day split doing cardio ( at about 140 BPM ) for 20 or 30 mins after each session during the 15's and 10's and on my off days during the 5's ( where ill drop isolation moves or moves where i dont feel the benefit going so heavy)

right here goes !!

1x15's and 2x10's

DAY 1 3 5

dead lift
pull up CG
pull down WG
bench
20' incline DB press
military press
clean pulls for traps
DB curl
skull crusher's

DAY 2 4 6

leg press ( 30 reps ( for 15's) 25 reps ( for 10's ) BAD KNEE AND ANKLE )
leg curl
leg extension

3x5's clustered

day 1 3 5

dead lift
pull up CG
pull down WG
bench
20' incline DB press
military press
leg press ( 20 reps SEE ABOVE )

cardio on days 2 4 6

some info on me.

about %28 body fat at 216lbs. 32 YO vey unfit but quite strong ( ish
biggrin.gif
)
deadlift 5rm = 264 lbs
bench 5rm = 165 lbs
military 5rm = 132 lbs

will be eating 6 times per day 3 shakes 3 meals
240g protein
190g carbs
60 g fat

so there it is. any comments more than welcome.

cheers
smile.gif

I'm not doubting your training experience, but probably most here will advise that you "simplify and win"
biggrin.gif
. That routine looks like a good recipe for burnout. Believe me, I was training 6 days a week doing 5 things for major muscle groups and 3 for the minors... it took adjusting to a new mindset to only do 4 exercises a workout. While I'm not preaching to only do 4, I think there are a few exercises you could shave off, and some days you could combine to help make your routine more simple, yet more effective.

Check out Fausto's Simply and Win! thread for some good ideas. If you are set on using the routine you listed, we'll be glad to work with you on that as well.

right, ok then.
thought it was a bit savage when i was working out my maxes last week
biggrin.gif

hows about this then....

dead lift.........................back desity. traps
pull up CG......................bi's, back width
20' incline DB press.......chest. tris
military press.................shoulders, tris

DAY 2 4 6
leg day
leg press ( 30 reps ( for 15's) 25 reps ( for 10's ) BAD KNEE AND ANKLE )
leg curl
leg extension

3x5's clustered

day 1 3 5

dead lift
pull up CG
20' incline DB press
military press
leg press ( 20 reps SEE ABOVE )

The deadlift should be in leg day because it works the glutes and hamstrings as much as lower back and traps.

So this would be good:
Day 1,3,5:
Chins
Bench
Rows (dumbell, barbell or machine)
Military

Day 2,4,6:
Leg Press
Deadlift
Calfs maybe?  Or if you are specializing in thighs then the leg ext. and leg curls.

Agree with Carl's plan. Plus, I would suggest that once you are in the 5s you don't do deads 3 x weekly. I really don't think you will recover from them fast enough doing more than 2 heavy sessions a week.

How about trying some power cleans instead of deads on one day? This will decrease the loading on your spinal erectors but will give your quads, glutes, hams and traps a bit of extra explosive work. They are also good practice for deadlift form during the first part of the lift.

It's very satisfying making a heavy clean. Stick to around 3 reps per set for these (no more than 5). It's all about form; fatigue can really spoil that if you do too many reps.

Hope the high rep leg work helps your knee and ankle.

awsome cheers guys!!

gonna follow scientific muscle's plan.
and only do deads twice per week. makes sense i guess

wish me luck, cycle starts on friday...
bring it
biggrin.gif

Every day is leg day.
biggrin.gif

Deadlifting 2x a week would kill me. I would think if you have a bad knee and ankle you'd want to stay away from the leg press, curl and extension. Those are more dangerous for the knees and ankles than proper squats. If you're doing clean pulls you should be able to squat.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you're doing clean pulls you should be able to squat. </div>

you would imagine
cool.gif

its just my legs are crazy strong ( in comparison ) 5 rm squat 396lbs !! 8 PLATES !!!!

have been BBing for about 6 years now. just had a 1.5 year lay off used to follow MAX OT
NEVER STRETCHED  
rock.gif

hence the bad wheel.

now i do my deads and cleans from a rack

Carl is on the &quot;money&quot;!

Simplify as he proposes and...hummmm...deadlift 1 x week, judging from your squat load you will not recover properly after doing deads 3 x week, as you'd probably be pulling close to or way above 450.

Pullups/chinups? I prefer the suppinated close grip variety, which one are you using?

Back