AM/PM Questions

Bob Evans

Hey Guys,

I am starting to do AM/PMs again to boost things a bit for spring. Two questions:

1) Can I do a burn set in the morning workout? (I am currently in my 5s and like to do burn sets in my 5s)

2) How many hours should laps between the two work outs?

For example could I work out at lunch and then at 5pm after work? OR Do I need to do my am workout first thing in the morning.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Bob

In my opinion if you are doing two different workouts in the am and pm then it does not matter. If not I'd put at least 8 hours between the two.

<div>
(Bob Evans @ May 10 2009,1:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Guys,

I am starting to do AM/PMs again to boost things a bit for spring.  Two questions:

1)  Can I do a burn set in the morning workout?  (I am currently in my 5s and like to do burn sets in my 5s)

2)  How many hours should laps between the two work outs?

For example could I work out at lunch and then at 5pm after work?  OR Do I need to do my am workout first thing in the morning.

Thanks in advance,

Bob</div>
1. I would do my burn set in the PM workout. Doing it in the AM might have an effect on your PM weights.

2. I did an AM/PM for a couple of years by doing AM @ 11 am and my PM @ 5pm.

I enjoyed AM/PM workouts but it finally started causing joint issues for me. One thing I didn't like was that I didn't push as hard as I should have on some AM workouts knowing I still had to do another one later. Kind of saving something for later. Not sure it was always the most productive way to go about it. Didn't try to do it that way but on days when I was a little tired it seemed to just work out that way.

Good Luck

Thanks guys,

I am just doing AMs for 3 lifts...not my whole workout. Targeting the muscles where I want a bit more improvement. It has been a few weeks now and I think it is working.. defiantly feel &quot;harder&quot; or more pumped for most of the day.

Can't complain

Bob

Back