AM/PM Splits

Kimura

I posted this on another forum but I wanted more information if this will work out so I'm reposting in this forum. Is it bad if I do squats in the am and deadlift in the pm? I know it's bad if I do it all at once but I'm thinking of doing it 8 hours after my first workout of the day. This is my current am/pm split.

AM-
-Squats
-Incline Bench press
-Bent over rows
-Push press
-Close grip Bench press
-Hammer curl
-Weighted situps

PM-
-Deadlift
-Decline Bench press
-Reverse grip Rows
-L lateral raise/rear lateral raise
-Jump shrug ( The shrug where you do normal shrug but raise the calves up as well)
-Barbell curl
-weighted Leg raise

I also heard doing AM/PM raise is superior to just one a day workout because you get two anabolic response. (From Chad Waterbury's article)

Kimura (are you the famous Kimura karate legend or just using his name?)

No...it is fine...nothing wrong with your setup, except that I see too much exercises, to do them all and get better efficiencies I'd alternate some of the lifts per workout so that you have less to do per day, if that makes sense!

Thanks for you reply. My last name is Kimura but I'm not related to Masahiko Kimura(creator of kimura lock). Kimura is a common last name in Japan like how names like Bob is a common name in America.

The reason I was thinking of doing am/pm splits is because I was getting confused with the HST calculator. If I use two workouts, does that mean one of the excercise (like deadlift) will be 15RM at 5th workout and squats will be 15RM at 6th workout? I was getting confused with how I should plan my workout. The increments will also be larger if I use two workouts correct?

Thanks again for you help.

Thanks for that explanation, I am just a gaijin...so my understanding is limited.

Arigato Kimura san. Mind my spelling too
biggrin.gif

Ok, now to other things, I am posting one of my workout calculators, wher I have used a similar type of split, use it and adjust as you will. I am speaking of the one with the tab "holidays", the other one was the one I was currently using.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If I use two workouts, does that mean one of the excercise (like deadlift) will be 15RM at 5th workout and squats will be 15RM at 6th workout? </div>

Exactly!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The increments will also be larger if I use two workouts correct?</div>

Also correct, try to keep this at 10% for the big lifts and not higher, you may want to correct the %'s I am using for your benefit.

cheers

Thanks for your help Fausto.  
laugh.gif
Many things is cleared up. I'll use 10% for compound like how you suggested and 5% for isolation(if that's good). Thanks again Fausto.

Back