An increment Question

NoMercy

Hello guys !!!

I see that there is all around football !!

However I have a question :

What is the minimal percentage of 15s ,10s and 5s workout we can begin with , in order to respect progressive load concept ?

I think it is 50 % , but I am not very sure !

Advice plz !

I find that if I take 50-60% of my 5RMs I can use that as a good starting point for 15s.

If you know your one-rep maxes (I don't) then your 5RM will probably be close to 90% 1RM and a good starting weight for 15s will be about 45-50% 1RM.

ok

But for my 2 weeks bloc of my 15s ( for example )

with 6 workout M W F M W F : Can I start with 50 % of my 15s Reps max ?
then 60 % , 70 % 80 % 90 % and finally 100 % for my last workout ?

I want to know if beginning with 50 % of my 15 10 or 5 Reps max will be too light

thanks for your answers !

I typically have started at 60% of my max for whatever rep range I am working in and then would increment as equally as possible over the next 5 workouts to my max. 50% is probably OK for some isolation movements but is a bit light for major compound exercises.

O & G seems to have it!

Don't go below 60% as it will be too light.

I worked out that mine is about 40% of 1 RM, but not many of us work from the 1 RM.

I'd still say that between LOL and O&G you can't go wrong!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I typically have started at 60% of my max for whatever rep range I am working in and then would increment as equally as possible over the next 5 workouts to my max. </div>

That is fine in my opinion when you have made two weeks of SD. But when you have only made one week i would start with 75 percent !
greets

thanks for your answers guys !!

However i have a 2nd question :

I will take an example to illustrate my problem :
A man have 30 kilos for his 15 reps max and 34 kilos for his 10 reps max on barbell curl.

If he want an increment , he will do for his 6 workouts on 15s block : 20 , 22 , 24 , 26, 28 and 30.
for his 10s two week block : he will do 24 , 26 , 28 , 30 , 32 , 34.

28 kilos represents nearly 82 % of his 15 reps max but the same weight represents 93 % of his 10 Reps max.

My question is ( finally
biggrin.gif
) : Is there any problem when we lift the same weight on 15 and 10 or even 5 ? or it is totally normal ?

thanks for your answers !!
smile.gif

-NoMercy-

&quot;If he want an increment , he will do for his 6 workouts on 15s block : 20 , 22 , 24 , 26, 28 and 30.
for his 10s two week block : he will do 24 , 26 , 28 , 30 , 32 , 34.

28 kilos represents nearly 82 % of his 15 reps max but the same weight represents 93 % of his 10 Reps max.&quot;
For whatever it matters, you said 10 rep max is 34 and 15 rep max is 30 so you got your percentages around the wrong way:P dunno if that helps your problem, just letting you know:)

Yes your right , I have commited a mistake
tounge.gif

In fact 28 kilos represent 93 % of 15s and 82 % of 10s !!

But the most important is that it is not a problem if we use , for the first or second workout of 10s , the same weight we use for the fourth or the fifth workout of 15s.

Can you confirm this ?

Thanks !

No reason to worry about when there is a little overlap between the weights you use for different successive rep ranges. This is called &quot;zig-zagging&quot;. If you do a search, you 'll find lots of information on this.
cool.gif

Anyway, on to your question, it is ok if the weights you use for the first and second workout of the 10's are the same as those you used for the fifth and sixth workout of the 15's respectively, but I would suggest no more than that. If there aren't enough increments until your next xRM (x = 10, 5, or whatever), you can repeat a weight.

Keep in mind that the above apply mainly to the compound exercises of your routine. Isolations do not leave as much room for progression, so it is quite common to repeat some weights.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Good one Dimitris

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Isolations do not leave as much room for progression, so it is quite common to repeat some weights.</div>

That is why we don't recommend them until the 5's.

Back